Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy "E" class CruisersPosted: October 19th, 2014, 7:54 pm
Very nice work...worthy of the name Enterprise!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy "E" class CruisersPosted: October 20th, 2014, 7:41 am
Looks excellent. I have to say the twin turret spoiled the balanced looks of the original design, but Enterprise certainly prototyped the light cruisers to come. Her DCT alone was a good step forward.
I'll have a check in Friedman about the catapults, I'm sure it has a listing of what ships received which type and when.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy "E" class CruisersPosted: October 20th, 2014, 3:43 pm
By the way Nigel HMS Enterprise was built with the twin 6" gun mounting, and was not retrofitted with it.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy "E" class CruisersPosted: October 20th, 2014, 5:30 pm
Thank you Novice, that is what I had always thought. The Wiki entry threw me as I had never seen any 'as built' photos of Enterprise with forward single guns. I will change the header information on the drawing to reflect your information. What I had always understood was the turret was a modified version of the ones on Nelson and Rodney with lower elevation. Which with the NelRods being completed 1926-27 would have made sense for Enterprise to have had the turret fitted as completed.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy "E" class CruisersPosted: October 22nd, 2014, 7:54 pm
The E's did not receive catapults until 1935-36, the decision to fit them being made in 1934.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy "E" class CruisersPosted: October 23rd, 2014, 4:24 pm
Excellent work Krakatoa :lol: Makes me smileand laugh.

Last edited by David Latuch on October 24th, 2014, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy "E" class CruisersPosted: October 24th, 2014, 1:13 am
Thanks to Kim for the very nice COA for HMS Emerald on the drawing on page 1.

I am currently working on the 1935-36 versions and hopefully they will arrive soon. Biggest problem I have is that the line drawing I am working from is another one of those Russian jobbies, so I am trying to use photos to try and ensure that things are as and where they should be. I will have to get those people with Friedmans to check once finished.

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy "E" class CruisersPosted: October 24th, 2014, 6:55 am
Krakatoa
Please check your PM I can help

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy "E" class CruisersPosted: November 1st, 2014, 12:50 pm
Next in this series is the mid-30's updates to both ships which made room for a catapult and aircraft aft between the 'R' and 'X' 6" guns.

[ img ]

as before both ships were virtual twins up to the fore funnel after which bridge and armament structures differentiate the ships.

[ img ]

As always any errors and/or omissions are mine. Thanks to those who have provided continuing help with this series. Any assistance/comments from any Bucketeer to improve the drawings is greatly appreciated.

Last in the series will be the 1943 versions, which we have some good references for. We have just bought a house so my time is going to be taken with packing/moving for the next few weeks. Hopefully the 43's will be a Xmas present if not sooner.

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy "E" class CruisersPosted: November 1st, 2014, 2:14 pm
Excellent work, I`m looking forward to the 43's!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 48 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: