Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Caledonian MacBrayne ferry'sPosted: November 5th, 2014, 2:06 am
Personally, I like the logo.

Removing it would be like removing 'P&O' or 'Sealink' or 'Cunard' or 'MAERSK LINE'...

Just my two pennys worth, for what it's worth

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Caledonian MacBrayne ferry'sPosted: November 5th, 2014, 8:20 pm
adenandy wrote:

Removing it would be like removing 'P&O' or 'Sealink' or 'Cunard' or 'MAERSK LINE'...

The said removal was for the oversized logo just below the ship's name, and not on the hull or funnel, which I believe can be considered part of the ship itself like a pennant number is on a warship.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Caledonian MacBrayne ferry'sPosted: November 6th, 2014, 12:07 am
Novice wrote:
adenandy wrote:

The said removal was for the oversized logo just below the ship's name, and not on the hull or funnel, which I believe can be considered part of the ship itself like a pennant number is on a warship.
I accept and agree with you Novice. 8-)

Good call :)

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Caledonian MacBrayne ferry'sPosted: November 7th, 2014, 6:38 pm
added my next ship..

Its still not quiet finished as I now have a underwater hull to finish.

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Caledonian MacBrayne ferry'sPosted: November 7th, 2014, 8:05 pm
You really should get them into proper templates and the writing on the hull could do with some manual touch-ups.
Otherwise it's looking good.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Caledonian MacBrayne ferry'sPosted: November 8th, 2014, 1:45 pm
Thiel wrote:
You really should get them into proper templates and the writing on the hull could do with some manual touch-ups.
Otherwise it's looking good.
[ img ]

Updated with new template does this work ? any problems ?

My problem is that its very empty can I shorten it ? as most of the fleet will be quite small ( MV SF is the largest and Lochnevis is by no means the smallest.

Thanks JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Caledonian MacBrayne ferry'sPosted: November 8th, 2014, 3:07 pm
That works perfectly. Having lots of empty space left is part and parcel of drawing small ships.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Caledonian MacBrayne ferry'sPosted: November 8th, 2014, 3:16 pm
thanks, I would prefer to go with a 50m top line and shorter but if that's a not allowed then I will get round to swapping all the others like this one.

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Caledonian MacBrayne ferry'sPosted: November 8th, 2014, 3:33 pm
Very nice work JSB.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Caledonian MacBrayne ferry'sPosted: November 8th, 2014, 5:40 pm
Next one done (and plenty of white space :roll: :lol: ) how should I do the dates ? She is built in 1974 (and the names get reused so I want to put her date next to them), but she has been rebuilt/painted so I am showing her as 2014.

Thanks
JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: