eswube, Judah14, Hood, Novice, wb21 : Thanks and happy chinese new year.
today i have new landing craft utility built by marsun shipbuilding (thailand)
M55 Class : Landing Craft Utility (LCU)
Marsun delivered two LCUs (Landing Craft Utility) to the Royal Thai Navy on December 8, 2010. The contract was awarded in September 2008. LCU 784 HTMS Mattaphon(ll) and LCU 785 HTMS Ravi(ll)
The vessels were designed in-house at Marsun. The deckhouses are separated into port and starboard areas. The starboard deckhouse comprises the wheelhouse, radio room, accommodation, wardroom and the entrance to the engine room and crew mess. The port deckhouse consists of workshops and stores.
The ballast tanks are also divided into port tanks and starboard Tanks. This will assist the vessels to adjust their list and trim efficiently. the aft winch is for anchor operation and to pull the vessels off after beaching. Deck area is 288 square metres, allowing for 12 Humvees or five five-tonne trucks to board.
Dimensions 55 x 11 x 1.72 metres
Deck Cargo Area : 288 sq.m
Deck Cargo Capacity : 145 tons
Main machinery : 2xMAN 800bhp@1800rmp
Maximum speed : 12 knots
Range : 2,500+ miles
Crew : 49 persons
1xFuruno Navigation Radar X-band 25kW
1xFuruno Navigation Radar X-band 4kW (Radome)
2x12.7 mm M2 machine guns
(fitted for but not with) 4x20 mm machine guns
Main Missions :
- Used by amphibious forces to transport equipment and troops to the shore.
- Capable of transporting 2 x M60 Full Tracked Combat Tank or 5 x 5-ton Military Truck or 2 x 105mm M2A1(M101A1) Howitzer or 12 x 5-ton Humvee (HMMWV) or fresh water supply and troops from amphibious assault ships to beachheads or piers.
- Supplying fuel oil and fresh water at sea or remote area.
- Ro-Ro operation by hydraulic controlled bow-aft ramp.
- Separated two engine rooms by watertight bulkhead, providing a redundancy in case of battle damage.