Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Invincible Class BattlecruisersPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 4:18 pm
Thank you, my friend for the clarification. However, close-ups on the Invincible and Inflexible clearly shows the innermost 50ft steam pinnaces protruding aft, over the 'x'-turret, maybe about 4-5 ft.

Also, be advised, in case you redo the Falklands drawings, that I did the research on the actual flag-shroud flown on Dec. 8, 1914.

[Profile] [Quote]
al1194
Post subject: Re: Invincible Class BattlecruisersPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 9:27 pm
I took a crack at the boats, how does it look to you now?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Invincible Class BattlecruisersPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 11:20 pm
Looks like as if I had done it! 8-) ;) :lol:

They look great now. - And please, do understand that I wasn't in any way criticizing your artistic abilities which apparently are considerable, but rather the decision to focus on the Invincibles, since we have still the Indefatigables that are in need to be redrawn (my apologies to Portsmouth Bill who drew the New Zealand several years ago). Tiger also need to be drawn, I believe.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Invincible Class BattlecruisersPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 8:52 am
Great work again Al!
bezobrazov wrote:
Tiger also need to be drawn, I believe.
Hi Bezo! I did do Tiger, but alas has been lost in the majhost meltdown. I'll try and get it up again soon!

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Invincible Class BattlecruisersPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 9:08 am
Here is a link to the Tiger thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4384&p=96416#p96416

JSB did modernised versions too, but they are apparantely lost to majhost too. I/we must have missed upload, as neither one of our drawings appear on the main site...

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Invincible Class BattlecruisersPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 9:26 am
Great work.

If Jabba has agreed to al1194 redrawing/updating these then there is no problem.
I need to go back and update Hood and some of the other ships and I've got Warspite on the to do list and dozens of other cool stuff projects. That's not even including all the missing ships and classes we need to add. There ain't enough hours in the year to do everything so the more folks pitch in and have the skills to do top-rate work the better. There are probably more members than ever before now drawing RN ships and parts and I'm sure by the end of this year we'll have a complete series of capital ships to match BH's carrier series and many of the cruiser and destroyer classes to boot. I've always said collaborative efforts get things done the best.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Invincible Class BattlecruisersPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 11:20 am
Hood wrote:
Nice work!

I think we've certainly found another new member for the Old Grey Funnel Line Faction!
Like Bombhead I will second that too :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Invincible Class BattlecruisersPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 11:34 am
Quote:
I/we must have missed upload, as neither one of our drawings appear on the main site...
This is sad to hear. Thats why the new uploading method is to have ever open thread were people should submit their drawings, as soon as they have finished them, so there is greater change of them not getting lost. Then again with Majhost, even thats not bullet proof way to go...

[Profile] [Quote]
al1194
Post subject: Re: Invincible Class BattlecruisersPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 7:07 pm
HMS Inflexible, 1911
[ img ]

Inflexible as she appeared in 1911.

The most notable change is the heightening of the fore funnel, which was done to clear the bridge of smoke and fumes. Other changes include the remounting of the 24in searchlight and the fitting of an extra yard on the foremast.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Invincible Class BattlecruisersPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 8:19 pm
What an amazing thread. Well done, al1194.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 6  [ 52 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: