Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 8th, 2011, 10:05 am
Thanks Shipmates :) I've wondered about the 'dimpling' often seen in photographs; and I had guessed it was down to modern design, but you've explained why exactly; and I must say its one of the (many) aspects of modern warships that I find unnatractive.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 8th, 2011, 10:12 am
Well, it has pretty much been standard on all warships since they abandoned armour.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 8th, 2011, 10:21 am
Really! So even WWII destroyers would show this?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 8th, 2011, 6:35 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Thanks Shipmates :) I've wondered about the 'dimpling' often seen in photographs; and I had guessed it was down to modern design, but you've explained why exactly; and I must say its one of the (many) aspects of modern warships that I find unnatractive.
Well it's not a design feature, just a consequence of the ship's construction - really, using the ship's construction itself as a form of armor (by being damage-resistant, which is the whole point). They could just use a thicker gauge steel, but not only would that be less economical but would be less damage-resistant too.

And yes, some WWII vessels, like destroyers and DEs, show hungry horsing too.

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 8th, 2011, 9:08 pm
do you have any imagery of the ships interior? im kind of curious about how the shipbaord living conditions are.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 8th, 2011, 10:41 pm
Ehehehehe… that's not possible. But I can say you that the officers have the cabins in the "tower" and the rest of the crew in the hull at the aft in 2 floors. All the living spaces are in the aft and the stores under the main bridge. The cabins for the sailors are with 4/6/8 beds for the senior sailors and 18/21 for the junior sailors. The junior officers are in cabins of 2/4 and the seniors in single cabins. The Master and Admiral are (obviously) in the biggest cabins of the ship. The aft part of the ship is also isolated for the NBC enviroment.

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 8th, 2011, 11:40 pm
how is the mess deck and bridge?

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 11th, 2011, 11:14 am
The ship have 2 bridge, main bridge and flag bridge, in the main bridge stay the master for maneuver the ship, in the flag bridge stay the Admiral for control the situation during the battles fRom a safe position.
The mess are one on the top of the other with only one galley, obviously the officers are in the topper one, and the sailors are devided the senior from the junior in the same mess.

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 11th, 2011, 10:45 pm
GLACIESFIRE wrote:
The ship have 2 bridge, main bridge and flag bridge, in the main bridge stay the master for maneuver the ship, in the flag bridge stay the Admiral for control the situation during the battles fRom a safe position.
The mess are one on the top of the other with only one galley, obviously the officers are in the topper one, and the sailors are devided the senior from the junior in the same mess.
Thanks for the info if you are ever cleared to post imagery of the ships berthing and messing areas please do. What is the ships crew compliment?

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 17th, 2011, 6:04 pm
248 in total ( 218 sailor and 30 officers )

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: