Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50Posted: January 7th, 2011, 12:19 pm
Thanks Bill, I'm newer and I have learn a lot from You "Masters", I will privide to correct it now.

Lazer io sono Italiano, ero andato a Muggiano per l'allestimento viaggio della AOR e mi sono trovato a doverla seguire fino in India come F&B Manager, una esperienza fantastica e quando siamo partiti c'era lo Scirrè prima in Wet e poi in Dry dock insime ad uno yacht da 150m (la AOR è 180m) e un Tug d'altura...

Philbob the AK-630 were installed in Mumbai Naval Yard for a total of 4 (2 foreward and 2 in the aft) later i will post some photo...

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50Posted: January 7th, 2011, 12:46 pm
In Suez Channel

[ img ]

In Mumbai Naval Yard

[ img ]

[ img ]

And here the AK-630 installed on the Deepak in Mumbai Naval Yard.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 7th, 2011, 2:33 pm
Good photo's, and nice to see the old Hermes still afloat.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50Posted: January 7th, 2011, 6:01 pm
GLACIESFIRE wrote:
[ img ]
Wow, a spankin' brand new ship and it's already showing signs of charlie horsing? (the dimples you see)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 7th, 2011, 6:12 pm
Right! For us ignaramousus can you elucidate on 'charlie horsing' aka 'dimpling'; its just that I see this a lot on modern ships, and it looks as though they're made out of old biscuit tins. As a guess I would think they are the result of modern thin skinned construction.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 7th, 2011, 6:28 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Right! For us ignaramousus can you elucidate on 'charlie horsing' aka 'dimpling'; its just that I see this a lot on modern ships, and it looks as though they're made out of old biscuit tins. As a guess I would think they are the result of modern thin skinned construction.
The "hungry horse" look comes from the use of very thin (3/16ths inch) plating with very closely spaced ribs. This is a very flexible arrangement, and good at riding out blast waves. The downside to this arrangement is that the structure has poor collision characteristics, and is more vulnerable to corrosion.

The reverse (using hulls of up to 15/16ths inch thick with structural members spaced further apart) is physically stronger, and offers better resistance to collision damage and corrosion, but less resistance to shock waves.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50Posted: January 7th, 2011, 9:24 pm
[quote="GLACIESFIRE"]Lazer io sono Italiano, ero andato a Muggiano per l'allestimento viaggio della AOR e mi sono trovato a doverla seguire fino in India come F&B Manager, una esperienza fantastica e quando siamo partiti c'era lo Scirrè prima in Wet e poi in Dry dock insime ad uno yacht da 150m (la AOR è 180m) e un Tug d'altura...
quote]

ti scrivo un PM...

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 7th, 2011, 11:08 pm
You get the same effect on merchant ships, just not to the same degree.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 8th, 2011, 12:56 am
Because merchant ships use the thicker steel and more spread out spacing that Tim was talking about.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Indian Navy new AOR Deepak A-50 (photo at page 2)Posted: January 8th, 2011, 9:57 am
I know, I just wanted to point out that it wasn't exclusive to warships.
Though if we showed up to an inspection with that kind of dents DNV would go spare.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: