Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
heuhen
Post subject: Re: French De Grasse Class Light CruiserPosted: July 23rd, 2022, 12:15 pm
I don't see much of changes, that there is a need to update the credit. And there is no need to update the archive drawing with this, it's not accurate enough. I did a ton of reachers on the drawing, and close of a 100 drawings and video of the ship. and used 2-3 months to get it where I am happy with it. against doing a small 30 minuts update of a drawing and barely seen any pictures... yeah

The entire drawing is mine:
- with just an updated on the color-scheme.
- changing to a darker grey color doesn't varant credits (I'm fairly confident in the standard grey color scheme, since French ships use quite an light grey color on their ships)
- The read hull color is also to dark
- drawing one hatch as open, when it was closed on the original drawing, doesn't varant credit change. and we do most of the time draw ships, how they look underway, that mean hatch closed.
- adding frame line on hull and superstructure, something that is not visual and the ship doesn't have at all, the hull and superstructure of the De Grasse class clean and smooth.
- The only thing that can be added is two horizontal line on the hull, some act as and protection of the hull, but at this scale, they will not be visual.
- Gun barrels changed into something wrong non-sb standard
- changing one of the small boats, to a different type that she never had.... - and at the same time do it non-sb standard. Wrong on so many levels.
- Adjusting the color of two of the lifeboats/crewboats and at the same time do it as well wrong, Details!
- Removal of helicopter, when she was capable to land a helicopter, some the helicopter hovering over the ship is an indication off
- adding a single extra flag line, and proceed hanging the flag from the wrong line! are they supposed to climb the mast, to get the flag down?
- changing the template, just to add the National flag, we usually do that for the ship crest and not the flag

So simply put, I don see any changes from the original drawing, except doing it worse. Les is more.

Note helicopter on aft deck:
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: French De Grasse Class Light CruiserPosted: July 24th, 2022, 8:38 pm
I am not going to discuss anything on the accuracy of the drawing, that is something Alexito and Heuhen should talk about between themselves and only needs to be spoken about if it is going on the main site, marking the other drawing as "depriciated". Right now, it is significantly off-standard so cannot go on the main site anyways.

A few things that I am going to speak about though.
- Heuhen complains here that AlexitoBB credited himself, while there is no significant change to the drawing.
- Heuhen complains that the changes made are incorrect.

I'm including both images here for comparision as in this thread otherwise we would be comparing the ancient drawing by David Latuch and not the excellent drawing by Heuhen :P

[ img ]
[ img ]

Now, may I say, Heuhen can't be correct on both counts? My input is this:
- If there were no signifant changes made, the changes cannot be wrong.
- If changes were made that Heuhen completely disagrees with, then I highly doubt he would want people to think that he was responsible for those changes, which is what leaving AlexitoBB's name off would imply.
- Everyone is free to draw whatever they want, and if the drawing is accurate and up to style it can go on the main site next to the existing drawing (we no longer replace drawings just because they are 'outdated'). If it isn't up to the standards set for the main site, there is no need to fight over which one is "better"
- It might be best to not hijack old threads, especially as this thread was about an entirely different drawing then the one you improved AlexitoBB.

May I recommend, gentlemen, to see if we can get this to lead to something good? apparently, AlexitoBB fould Heuhen's drawing lacking something and wanted to improve it. Maybe there are some changes to the drawing that could improve Heuhen's drawing that are worthwile to keep!

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: French De Grasse Class Light CruiserPosted: July 28th, 2022, 12:25 am
Stunning work. That's a typically French and beautiful warship :)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: