Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 10  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 510 »
superboy
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 16th, 2016, 1:01 pm
Excellent work !!! ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 16th, 2016, 1:46 pm
The only colour pick I could find. http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b57 ... unh4eq.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 16th, 2016, 2:50 pm
Charybdis, don't be afraid about details drowning away when using a darker shade. I, for example, had to make the entire flight deck of IJN Taiho dark grey and black for her Philippine Sea guise, but the planking is still visible after all!

Just one remark that I've casually noticed now, it appears that Enterprise retained the "Yorktown" name on the faintail.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 16th, 2016, 2:53 pm
Well spotted, I'll work on the changes tonight.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cybermax
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 16th, 2016, 8:31 pm
You're doing this ship great honor with such an amazing drawing!

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 17th, 2016, 6:30 am
Sorry to bang on about the ships boats. But I went into Navsource and a few other sites, and none of the shots where you could see the boats did they have canvas covers like you are showing them with. I have never seen any motorboats of the general type fitted to ever have covers over the whole boat.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 17th, 2016, 12:10 pm
I've used a darker shade of mahogany on the flight deck and I have to say it looks a million times better. What do you think?
Quote:
Sorry to bang on about the ships boats. But I went into Navsource and a few other sites, and none of the shots where you could see the boats did they have canvas covers like you are showing them with.
No problem, but as I said, the drawing is not 100%. Those canvas covers are basically place holders until I get some source material for top down views of USN ship's boats. In the builders plans they are basically voids. Feel free to send me any source material for them, if you have any. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 17th, 2016, 12:19 pm
The darker shade looks much better.........

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 17th, 2016, 8:11 pm
An excellent work of art on these two very important ships. Maybe you'll add the Hornet as well?

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 17th, 2016, 8:17 pm
That darker planking ont he flight deck looks great charybdys.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 10  [ 99 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 510 »

Jump to: