On 17 September 1908 the contract to construct large cruiser G, Moltke, was signed with Blohm & Voss shipyard. The launch was to take place on 22 March 1910; however, it was delayed until 7 April. The ship was delivered to the imperial dockyard at Kiel on 16 September 1911, with a construction period of three years. On 30 September 1911 Moltke was commissioned by the former crew of Roon.
1911, October. Running Sea Trials
Moltke ran trials in the Baltic in October 1911 until 1st April 1912. A bowspirit, sternspirit, and anti-torpedo nets are fitted. It was found that both the forward and aft searchlights suffered from smoke interference, especially the forward group. Therefore, it was recommended that the forward funnel be increased in height by 1.5m with the addition of a funnel cap. This work was carried out before the trials were completed.
Early 1913, Flag Ship Reconnaissance Forces
On 9 July 1912 Moltke took over his intended position as flagship of the BdA (Commander of Reconnaissance Forces), Vizeadmiral Gustav Bachmann. Moltke went into the dockyard at Wilhelmshaven from December 1912 -February 1913 during which an Admirals Bridge was installed. Walkways have been fitted to the top of the boat cranes, an antenna has been fitted to the armoured bridge, and a white identification band has been painted around the foreward funnel.
1915, Battle of Dogger Bank
1916, Battle of Jutland
1918, 18 October
1919, Scapa Flow
Hope you enjoy.
Sachsen, Bayern class battleship
Württemberg, Bayern class battleship
SMS Goeben, Moltke class battlecruiser
SMS Blucher armoured cruiser
MD Scale, 4 Pixels : 1 Foot
Official German Parts Sheet
German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War