Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
klagldsf
Post subject: USS The Sullivans DD-537 (late-war Fletcher)Posted: August 1st, 2010, 5:58 pm
[ img ]

Incorporated the following suggestions: gun tubs lowered by one scale foot, square windows added to bridge, credits redone

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USS The Sullivans DD-537 (late-war Fletcher)Posted: August 1st, 2010, 8:27 pm
The gun tub heights were fine; I just meant that the actual 20mm mount itself should be lowered further into the tub. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: USS The Sullivans DD-537 (late-war Fletcher)Posted: August 2nd, 2010, 5:58 am
USS Sullivans 1943
[ img ]
She was one of the few ships that had the abortive Mk.49 40mm guns directors. It is the object on both sides of the aft funnel and on the director pedestal aft.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

Last edited by Novice on August 2nd, 2010, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: USS The Sullivans DD-537 (late-war Fletcher)Posted: August 2nd, 2010, 7:13 am
Can't see the image, and I'll restore the gun tubs later (shouldn't be a problem)

[Profile] [Quote]
Atomsk
Post subject: Re: USS The Sullivans DD-537 (late-war Fletcher)Posted: August 2nd, 2010, 3:15 pm
The height of 20mm mounts depends on the mark of the mount. The cast iron Mark 2 had a trunnion height of 46" (about 8 pixels above the deck). Whereas the Mark 5 mount had a height of 62" (10 pixels).

The steel tripod Mark 10 mount had a trunnion height of 52"(9 pixels).

"Do unto others!" -- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USS The Sullivans DD-537 (late-war Fletcher)Posted: August 2nd, 2010, 4:06 pm
Useful information.

See my attachment for my advice on how to do 20mm guns; pedantic post above notwithstanding, it's more or less correct, and at this scale, it's pretty irrelevant to begin with. :P ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: USS The Sullivans DD-537 (late-war Fletcher)Posted: August 3rd, 2010, 5:58 am
Looks a lot better, klag!

[Profile] [Quote]
Atomsk
Post subject: Re: USS The Sullivans DD-537 (late-war Fletcher)Posted: August 18th, 2010, 1:43 pm
Colosseum wrote:
Useful information.

See my attachment for my advice on how to do 20mm guns; pedantic post above notwithstanding, it's more or less correct, and at this scale, it's pretty irrelevant to begin with. :P ;)
I feel your description of my information as "pedantic" violates Rule 11, "11. Mutual respect towards other forum members is expected. All personal attacks, remarks and general bashing are forbidden."

Since you're a moderator, please warn yourself accordingly. :P

"Do unto others!" -- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: USS The Sullivans DD-537 (late-war Fletcher)Posted: August 18th, 2010, 4:43 pm
Atomsk wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
I feel your description of my information as "pedantic" violates Rule 11, "11. Mutual respect towards other forum members is expected. All personal attacks, remarks and general bashing are forbidden."

Oh man you'd go nuts at a place like Spacebattles and that's one of the more milder sci-fi forums.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USS The Sullivans DD-537 (late-war Fletcher)Posted: August 18th, 2010, 9:14 pm
Atomsk wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
Useful information.

That's the beauty of this forum. Since I pay for the domain name, the hosting service, and since I built the site myself, I'm pretty much free to do whatever the fuck I want.

And until you bastards start throwing money at me to help pay for shit, there's really nothing you can do about it. :3

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: