Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Karle94
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-class Heavy Cruisers- The Tinclads.Posted: July 10th, 2016, 3:14 am
Every source I have seen says the belt was 3 inches thick.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-class Heavy Cruisers- The Tinclads.Posted: July 10th, 2016, 3:16 am
My typo...you're right. It was; in order to create an immunity zone of 18,000 ft against 5"gun fire... Being tired tonight with my youngest in hospital and semi-chaos at home...

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-class Heavy Cruisers- The Tinclads.Posted: July 10th, 2016, 3:17 am
I'm tired too, sort of. It's 5:17 here.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-class Heavy Cruisers- The Tinclads.Posted: July 10th, 2016, 10:03 pm
A very fine piece of art work Ari.
I do hope your child is better.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-class Heavy Cruisers- The Tinclads.Posted: July 11th, 2016, 7:45 am
The belt clearly looks more subdued now, while retaining a visible relief, so good job.
Hope things get better at home by the way.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-class Heavy Cruisers- The Tinclads.Posted: July 11th, 2016, 10:40 am
Before anyone remarks on it: for some, not too obvious reasons a weird grey streak has appeared along the top rigging of the aft mast. My computer broke yesterday, so cannot fix that immediately, but as soon as I can get to one with an appropriate Program, I'll remove it! Sorry about that!

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-class Heavy Cruisers- The Tinclads.Posted: July 11th, 2016, 3:41 pm
One thing that might be useful with this class is to display a modified version with the boats and other clutter left off, so we can see what's going on near the stern. While I have no doubt that this drawing is accurate, all the junk back there just turns it into a haze of pixels. I know I can't be the only one here thinking that, either.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-class Heavy Cruisers- The Tinclads.Posted: July 11th, 2016, 6:15 pm
@Obsydian Shade: agreed, but please read my previous post.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-class Heavy Cruisers- The Tinclads.Posted: July 11th, 2016, 8:39 pm
Well, I was meaning when you get your computer working again. Otherwise, I think the vessel looks very good, and that I prefer your style of shading to Colo's.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-class Heavy Cruisers- The Tinclads.Posted: July 12th, 2016, 4:08 pm
:(

What exactly is "my style of shading"?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: