Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: Germany- Bayern Class Battleship SMS BadenPosted: July 11th, 2016, 8:01 am
Excellent work Tempest, you've indeed come far in your skills and this is a very fine drawing.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: SMS BadenPosted: July 11th, 2016, 12:16 pm
Thank you for the comments everyone. I've really enjoyed drawing Baden.
Novice wrote:
I hope the Bayern itself will be also treated by your most capable hands.
BB1987 is right about Bayern, it is my intention to draw the incomplete Sachsen and Württemberg.
Theil wrote:
What was the purpose of the stern spirit?
Unfortunately I have no information on that, SMS Moltke had a sternspirit and a bowspirit during his trials, so it could have something to to do with that.
citizen lambda wrote:
One (very) minor nitpick though: on the 1918 version, you mention white circles painted on the B and C turrets. I can find only the one on turret B. Is there something in the turret shape that makes the other invisible from this angle?
I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that, in all the photos that I have seen of Baden, 'C' turret's hollow white circle has the edges missing and because the circle ends before the turret's roof changes angle the circle hollow remains out of view completely.

Regards

Tempest.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

Last edited by Tempest on July 11th, 2016, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
signal
Post subject: Re: Germany- Bayern Class Battleship SMS BadenPosted: July 11th, 2016, 12:18 pm
Very, very good. Thank you.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: SMS BadenPosted: July 11th, 2016, 6:05 pm
Tempest wrote:
Because I have no accurate dates from the photos that I used for references
Tempest wrote:
citizen lambda wrote:
One (very) minor nitpick though: on the 1918 version, you mention white circles painted on the B and C turrets. I can find only the one on turret B. Is there something in the turret shape that makes the other invisible from this angle?
I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that, in all the photos that I have seen of Baden, 'C' turret's hollow white circle has the edges missing and because the circle ends before the turret's roof changes angle the circle hollow remains out of view completely.
@ Tempest & citizen lambda:
When you look these pics, apparently BAYERN have a circle painted on C turrets with edges painted.
BADEN have a circle painted on B turret with edges painted & a circle painted but not edges painted on C turrets !
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Germany- Bayern Class Battleship SMS BadenPosted: July 11th, 2016, 6:53 pm
Hello Tempest!

Excellent and well worth the wait! Can't find any fault with any of them, they're just beautiful and perfect.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Germany- Bayern Class Battleship SMS BadenPosted: July 11th, 2016, 7:23 pm
Thanks Signal and Gd :)

Colombamike do you think it was to aid in distinguishing between the two or because the turret had been painted a different colour?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Germany- Bayern Class Battleship SMS BadenPosted: July 11th, 2016, 7:28 pm
Tempest wrote:
Colombamike do you think it was to aid in distinguishing between the two or because the turret had been painted a different colour?
Highly possible

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: Germany - Bayern Class Battleship, SMS BadenPosted: July 17th, 2016, 10:25 am
Fantastic work, Tempest!

Finally the SMS Baden has been represented in SB-scale. I love it. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Germany - Bayern Class Battleship, SMS BadenPosted: July 19th, 2016, 10:53 pm
Wonderful drawings :D I can see you use the badge, so I'll reckon that you've found proper source for it, and then I can upload the badge template in the CoA thread?

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Germany - Bayern Class Battleship, SMS BadenPosted: July 20th, 2016, 6:03 am
Thank you maomatic and thank you Kim.

Kim, I've found no photos of Baden fitted with the coat-of-arms but I've gone with the logic that the ship, having been christened after the namesake, the Grand Duchy of Baden, although not fitted on a crest externally, would have the coat-of-arms of the Grand Duchy in the same manner a ship in the Royal Navy did. After the war, Baden would undoubtedly have had the crest fitted to his bow had Germany won.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 31 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: