Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
WWII44
Post subject: Self Unloading Lake FrieghterPosted: September 25th, 2016, 9:41 pm
Work I've done so far on a self unloading Lake Freighter.

[ img ]

Original Plans I used:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Self Unloading Lake FrieghterPosted: September 26th, 2016, 10:53 am
Well done, and please complete it soon. I am waitting for its completion

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Self Unloading Lake FrieghterPosted: September 26th, 2016, 2:07 pm
Bit of progress, the bow section nearly finished. Note I have also marked off the loaded water line and my best estimate of what her water line would be when empty.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Self Unloading Lake FrieghterPosted: September 26th, 2016, 7:12 pm
I wish I had as detailed a plan for the German capital ship design proposals I love drawing! This ship will be brilliant when she's done. One thing though, with the pages of the boo bending in towards the spine, wouldn't this make the drawing shorter?

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Self Unloading Lake FrieghterPosted: September 26th, 2016, 7:43 pm
The thought honestly didn't cross my mind at first but it seems a negligible difference, however I mat lengthen it by a couple pixels if I cant get the hatches to match up properly. Also if any one is interested here is the page I got the plan from, it also includes many photos of the ship.

http://www.boatnerd.com/pictures/histor ... efault.htm

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Self Unloading Lake FrieghterPosted: September 26th, 2016, 8:27 pm
Looks like a good start. Can't wait to see more of it. With that drawing and all those pictures, you can make this a great SB drawing.
If I may share a suggestion re. the deformed book spine: The bottom of the holds in the scale drawing is shown with a regular triangle pattern. All individual holds have the same number of motifs (11 cuts) despite the different filling volume. In case of doubt, you'd be a bit on the safer side by adding enough pixels in the center to make the 3 center holds the same length. Of course, it would be even better if you had more accurate figures about the inner dimensions of the holds.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Self Unloading Lake FrieghterPosted: September 26th, 2016, 9:11 pm
A good update. As for the book's spine deformation, a simple solution would be to check the ship's overall length. The ship is 552 ft overall according to the original of the drawing above. This means the drawing should be 1104 pixels long. If it is shorter than place the correct amount of pixels in the middle (where the book's spine is) and all is done.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Self Unloading Lake FrieghterPosted: September 26th, 2016, 9:37 pm
I do need to lengthen the hull, I shall do that once I finish the cables on the boom, masts, and funnel. Also is the boom ok the way it is or should I lengthen it too?

EDIT: I lengthened the boom and added a platform at the end as it looks like the is on in the photos(though it's difficult to tell really).

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Self Unloading Lake FrieghterPosted: September 27th, 2016, 5:36 am
More slow but sure progress has been made, now that the boom and hull have been lengthend to compensate for the book crease next on my to do list is the cargo hatches.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Self Unloading Lake FrieghterPosted: September 27th, 2016, 10:55 pm
After much hair pulling I finished the cargo hatches, note they don't line up with the plans due to one it's been deformed slightly from the compensation for the book crease and I could not for the life of me get them to line up evenly.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: