Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Peruvian scout cruiser Almirante Grau 1906.Posted: December 30th, 2016, 12:35 am
Good afternoon:

Thanks for your kind words Hood, JSB and Garlicdesing. The feedback is as important as the ships!

Hi Hood: Fortunately for me, since my first FD scale drawing, I had been helped by senior artist with very useful comments and recomendations (I'm working in the gun barrels and in the hull "obra viva" (underwater) color), and of course, "my style" is not my style, I just tried to mimic the best features of SB artists (but as I said, they put their marks too high ;) )! This is a nice site for sharing, speaking and learning about ships.

Hi Garlicdesign: About the color of the cruisers as they arrived, I only had a reference talking about another cruiser (a german built vessel) thay says that the hull color was white, so i tried to paint them with a shade similar to the tropical RN white color. Unfortunately I don't know the color mating for the b&w photos. Recently I found an oil over canvas picture of the cruiser, but I think that as technical reference is inaccurate.
[ img ]

Cheers, and thanks again.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Peruvian scout cruiser Almirante Grau 1906.Posted: January 3rd, 2017, 8:32 pm
Good afternoon:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
Hi Hood: Yes! With a black line, the 3 inch guns looks much better. Thanks for your tip!
Hi Garlicdesign: I'd changed the hull color from the RN tropical white, to the american white which is of a gray-brownish hue. And also, I'd followed your indications for the underwater hull. Thanks for your indications!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Peruvian scout cruiser Almirante Grau 1906.Posted: January 3rd, 2017, 10:28 pm
Great additions!

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: Peruvian scout cruiser Almirante Grau 1906.Posted: January 4th, 2017, 10:12 pm
Well done - what a long career!

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Peruvian scout cruiser Almirante Grau 1906.Posted: January 4th, 2017, 11:41 pm
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Peruvian scout cruiser Almirante Grau 1906.Posted: January 7th, 2017, 2:00 am
Thanks, guys!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: