Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1218 »
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 3:09 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
I have scrutinized my drawings further and taken some of the well meant advice including the "kind" one from TimothyC, and I found a few irritable errors which now should be corrected. Therefore I've decided to repost the drawings here, in a bulk, rather than put them in the different sub topics pertaining this particular ships' class.

I hope you forgive me for this bulk posting. If the administrators deem it desirable, you may delete the previous images, in order to save upload space. As for the AU-variants, they will be posted in that forum.
They are not attachments to the board, so deletion of previous images is not necessary.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 5:41 pm
As I promised, although it took a while: here are the remaining three sisters of Batch 2.

Firstly HMS Boxer shown as commissioned in Dec. 1983:

[ img ]

Next the English Scout Movement's favorite ship, the appropriately named HMS Beaver, shown as she appeared during the 1st Gulf War, 1990/91:

[ img ]

Lastly the lone warrior, HMS Brave, as of 1994:

[ img ]

After this, for me Herculean effort I shall put down this project and be satisfied by beholding other members' artwork. :) ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 5:58 pm
Right. I will make one final attempt to ask my question; and I beleive the problem is in not sharing a common language, so maybe I'm not expressing myself. So let me begin with an example:

[ img ]

1) Can we agree that from the example of HMS Brilliant (in model form), the fire control radar marked '1' is facing forward, in the direction of the horozontal arrow?

2) Can we also agree that the fire control radar marked '2' is facing aft, in the direction of the horizontal arrow?

3) I don't know what part sheets you are using, but I think that is not the difficulty here; simply put you need to reverse one of the radars.

I really thought about dropping this, but when we consider what you've acheived in these drawings it does seem a shame not to get every detail right. That said, nobody else seems to give a toss, so maybe I'm the one whose got it wrong - I'd be glad to be put out of my misery :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 6:47 pm
I understand now what you aim at. Ok, on the most updated RN-radar and directors sheet there are no Type 910/911s drawn in a for-aft position. MihoshiK attempted to draw one, which looked good, but turned out to be a tad too small. Besides, having initially used that one for the Sheffield I was critisized for that particular usage. Hence I turned to the SB RN parts sheet, and found a much updated 910/911, though drawn sideways, i e either pointing port of starboard whichever you prefer. Now, i elected to use that one, and converting it to also shown its back, so I could show the directors consistently in a port-to-starboard configuration. It does surprise me that you don't know which part sheet I'm talking about. Now, I'm not used to use 'graphic' aids here at SB, to explain myself, but I can surely try. But, to make the matter short: I only tried to satisfy the critics of my first drawing by adopting the one submitted and officially approved for use as 910/911 directors. However, in order to not make the ships look ridiculous I had to adapt it to show also its back. That's the only modification, besides some color enhancements that I'm guilty of. And yes, you're brilliant (!) model of the Brilliant does show them as most photos would -f ore-and-aft, but, again, to reitirate; that's not how the official version is drawn at SB. I have offered to draw it that way, but I've had no takers so...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 6:49 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
I understand now what you aim at. Ok, on the most updated RN-radar and directors sheet there are no Type 910/911s drawn in a for-aft position. MihoshiK attempted to draw one, which looked good, but turned out to be a tad too small. Besides, having initially used that one for the Sheffield I was critisized for that particular usage. Hence I turned to the SB RN parts sheet, and found a much updated 910/911, though drawn sideways, i e either pointing port of starboard whichever you prefer. Now, i elected to use that one, and converting it to also shown its back, so I could show the directors consistently in a port-to-starboard configuration. It does surprise me that you don't know which part sheet I'm talking about. Now, I'm not used to use 'graphic' aids here at SB, to explain myself, but I can surely try. But, to make the matter short: I only tried to satisfy the critics of my first drawing by adopting the one submitted and officially approved for use as 910/911 directors. However, in order to not make the ships look ridiculous I had to adapt it to show also its back. That's the only modification, besides some color enhancements that I'm guilty of. And yes, you're brilliant (!) model of the Brilliant does show them as most photos would -f ore-and-aft, but, again, to reitirate; that's not how the official version is drawn at SB. I have offered to draw it that way, but I've had no takers so...
I might be wrong, but for what PB said, I think he just means you should let them both face the other way, as one sb and one bb, as normally is done with one forward and one back. correct me if I'm wrong....

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 7:06 pm
Well, if that's so, I regard that then rather more a cosmetic change than anything else. I don't believe I'm going to change all the drawing for such a detail. And to tell you the truth, I'm not sure that's what was implied...but, then, again, I can, too, be wrong...

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 9:02 am
Fair enough shipmate. It isn't so important that I would expect you to spend so much effort on having to redraw a lot of parts; but yes, I would think that what Ace says is correct: having the sets 'back to back' as it where. I got so interested in this because of not being able to convey my question, so now we understand what the issue was.

And they are still great drawings :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 9:18 am
You could (or more properly should do) that change anyways. Also, there is uploading session going on, so if you want these ships to appear on the mainsite, you need to submitt them there.
But Like I posted on the uploading thread, CoA's are tolerated on the drawings, ONLY if you guys drawn them yourself in pixel art. No simple rezising someone else's work on to the sheets.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 11:30 am
Sorry, Golly, but just have to ask: what's CoA's??? - And, sure, if you deem them of such quality to upload them, but I've spotted a few minor errors (still!) so they need to be fixed before. Don't worry, I know which ones! ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 11:32 am
Well, PB, how 'bout this: I test draw one out for you and you can judge whether that's the way you proposed? I'll PM it to you as soon as I can.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1218 »

Jump to: