Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Rainmaker
Post subject: Re: Harry De Wolf Class Arctic Offshore Patrol ShipPosted: January 12th, 2021, 4:17 pm
Hi Lazer_one,

I'm not sure if you've seen this already, but this appears to be one of the latest blueprints for the Harry DeWolf - class, sourced from the "Royal Canadian Navy Today and Yesterday" Facebook page. There are plently of other high-res photos of the class on that page as well if you're interested in taking a look.

[ img ]

Hope that is helpful to you for your project!

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Harry De Wolf Class Arctic Offshore Patrol ShipPosted: January 16th, 2021, 8:02 am
Very interesting suggestion: i’ll look into the FB page.
The drawing is also very fine: it looks, maybe, a little distorted (horizontally compressed) but is very useful in any case (i’ll check and re-adapt the x/y ratio)

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Harry De Wolf Class Arctic Offshore Patrol ShipPosted: January 16th, 2021, 3:06 pm
Here we are... it doesn't look too different but there are several stuff to fix
[ img ]

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Harry De Wolf Class Arctic Offshore Patrol ShipPosted: January 23rd, 2021, 6:26 pm
Here is the drawing of the "real" Canadian AOPS: it looks so impressive the evolution of the project!
PS: is still missed the second aft crane but I should find a suitable solution avoiding too many black pixels...

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Rainmaker
Post subject: Re: Harry De Wolf Class Arctic Offshore Patrol ShipPosted: January 23rd, 2021, 8:46 pm
Great work Lazer_one! Looking forward to seeing this completed! It's very interesting to see how the design of this class progressed over more than a decade, from the original 2008 concepts (very similar to the Norwegian Svalbard from which the AOPS was derived) all the way to the final design as she entered service.

I do see one small inaccuracy on your template - you have the class depicted as "CCG Harry DeWolf Class", however, this class is operated by the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN), not the Canadian Coast Guard (CCG). The CCG has ordered two additional vessels of a modified design on top of the six vessels ordered by the RCN, however, neither the final designs nor the names of the CCG variant have been unveiled thus far.

If I could offer one further recommendation, perhaps you'd be willing to check out GarethDavies1's excellent rendition of the MV Asterix in the Beginners Only section of the forum, as he's done a great job rendering the current hull colour of RCN vessels (known as RCN Grey 501-109), which is not a true grey but rather a grey-green-blue mix similar to that of the Royal Australian Navy. Other artists who have done a great job capturing the colour scheme are M. Morris (FFH 334 HMCS Regina in the Real Designs section of the archive), and Paul_541 (AOR 509 HMCS Protecteur and AOR 510 HMCS Preserver, also both under Real Designs).

Congratulations and keep up the good work! I'm always happy to see more Canadian vessels being rendered by very capable artists!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Harry De Wolf Class Arctic Offshore Patrol ShipPosted: January 24th, 2021, 9:49 am
Agreed, a very nice update.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Harry De Wolf Class Arctic Offshore Patrol ShipPosted: January 24th, 2021, 10:41 am
Thank you Rainmaker for pointing out the details to be fixed.
Frankly speaking I had already a look on MV Asterix and on some recent pictures of HMCS Max Bernay's... definetely it is not a "pure" gray.
Do you know if there are already some infos on the last two for Coast Guard? On Wikipedia I learned that, probably, the 2 units will be unarmed but there is no further information... Should we expect the red livery?

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Rainmaker
Post subject: Re: Harry De Wolf Class Arctic Offshore Patrol ShipPosted: January 24th, 2021, 3:55 pm
Lazer_one wrote: *
Thank you Rainmaker for pointing out the details to be fixed.
Frankly speaking I had already a look on MV Asterix and on some recent pictures of HMCS Max Bernay's... definetely it is not a "pure" gray.
Do you know if there are already some infos on the last two for Coast Guard? On Wikipedia I learned that, probably, the 2 units will be unarmed but there is no further information... Should we expect the red livery?
Yes, very little has been released so far on the CCG variant of the Harry DeWolf - class. As I understand it, design changes are to be “minimal” - if I had to guess, deleting the main gun, perhaps adding some Coast Guard-specific rescue equipment, adapting the hangar for the use of the CCG’s Bell 429s instead of the RCAF’s CH-148 Cyclones, etc. I would almost certainly expect the red livery. I’ve seen a few decent renders floating around online which depict what they might look like although we’ll have to wait a few more years to know for sure!

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Harry De Wolf Class Arctic Offshore Patrol ShipPosted: January 24th, 2021, 4:45 pm
I think that we can "commission" the Harry DeWolf drawing...

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Harry De Wolf Class Arctic Offshore Patrol ShipPosted: January 24th, 2021, 4:53 pm
PS: I got this CCG livery that look not so bad
https://www.bairdmaritime.com/work-boat ... ast-guard/

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: