Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
Jonatan15
Post subject: Fairmile's Motor boatsPosted: October 24th, 2017, 11:59 pm
Heya, this is the very first time that i'm posting a Real Design here and the Final Result pleased me a bit, perhaps there's a lot of details missing mainly because her size didn't allow me to drawn them and the lack of sources also.
The Fairmile A Motor launchs didn't face significant events during the War and was refited several times. The only thing that i assume as "relevant" is its devlopment story and just it.
[ img ]
I did It with a certain dificulty and i'll try to find new Sources and images to spot things that i missed here ^^

- Rework my First Design
- Await the Winged Hussars Arrive

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Fairmile's Motor boatsPosted: October 25th, 2017, 6:10 am
I found this on the White Ensign Models site. They have drawings for all the Fairmile marques, A, B, C, and D. I got the details for the 'D' type drawing I did from this site. Some of the model sites are excellent for picking up details you can include on your drawings.

[ img ]

From looking from the WEM drawing to your drawing it looks like that is the drawing you scaled your one from. I can't see any more details that you could have added in.
The only thing I might have done differently is to use the guns off the RN parts sheet. Tip: the gun on the bow should be horizontal. Its an SB thing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Fairmile's Motor boatsPosted: October 26th, 2017, 8:15 am
This looks good. Drawing small boats is always difficult when it comes to detailing.
I think you've done a good job.

I think the bow MG should be left as 45 degrees as only being a single-pixel line its not going to stand out if horizontal.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Fairmile's Motor boatsPosted: October 26th, 2017, 6:50 pm
First I was about to write:
"Nice work, only the aft gun looks like it's floating in the air, unless there's some tarpaulin (or similar) hanging on the railings and covering the gun's base. "

But then I made a closer look:
[ img ]
And would say that at this moment it doesn't qualify as anything more than a very-early-stage-WIP. :(
Besides the artifacts, many of the "details" seem to be simply a leftover of the source drawing

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: