Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Hood
Post subject: Re: Colossus class battleshipsPosted: December 13th, 2017, 8:59 am
Looks much better.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Colossus class battleshipsPosted: December 13th, 2017, 9:39 am
I think there should be a little bit of shading on the hull above the rudder and a little less on the skeg near the propellers, but other then that I suppose she's done now ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Colossus class battleshipsPosted: December 14th, 2017, 3:14 pm
These are great drawings, but as Hood suggested in your other thread I recommend checking the Royal Navy gun sheet to see if you could use a secondary gun from there. The 4-inch guns on the sheet are well-drawn and to SB standard. Not that your's aren't, but its more consistent to use the parts sheets.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
StealthJester
Post subject: Re: Colossus class battleshipsPosted: December 14th, 2017, 11:42 pm
Greetings!

In regards to the secondary guns on my Neptune, Colossus, and Indefatigable projects:

I have checked my copy of the RN Weapons sheet and have found only the BL 4" Mk. IV and V. All the resources I've checked indicate these ships were armed with the BL 4" Mk.VII. There appears to be some difference in design - is there an updated version of the RN Weapons sheet? If not, I will modify these weapons in my drawings (as time permits) based on the resources I have.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers!
StealthJester

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Colossus class battleshipsPosted: December 15th, 2017, 12:22 am
StealthJester wrote: *
Greetings!

In regards to the secondary guns on my Neptune, Colossus, and Indefatigable projects:

I have checked my copy of the RN Weapons sheet and have found only the BL 4" Mk. IV and V. All the resources I've checked indicate these ships were armed with the BL 4" Mk.VII. There appears to be some difference in design - is there an updated version of the RN Weapons sheet? If not, I will modify these weapons in my drawings (as time permits) based on the resources I have.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers!
StealthJester
my I suggest downloading the latest part sheet then, it is continually being updated:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=65

[Profile] [Quote]
StealthJester
Post subject: Re: Colossus class battleshipsPosted: December 15th, 2017, 1:00 am
Thank you, Heuhen!

The current RN Weapons sheet is light-years ahead of the one I have, and I will use it to update the 4" guns on my projects (hopefully) very soon!

Cheers!
StealthJester

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: Colossus class battleshipsPosted: December 15th, 2017, 7:07 pm
O-ops, Colossus-class! Very nice work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Colossus class battleshipsPosted: December 15th, 2017, 8:49 pm
A very nice start on the Colossus class.

[ img ]

This is a photo of HMS Hercules as competed (from British Battleships of World War One, R A Burt), as you can see the angle of the anti-torpedo net 'arms', for a better word, are at a different angle, the hull does look rather flat, maybe some more shading at the bow and stern so demonstrate they both narrow at the points? Could you show us the line drawing you used?

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Colossus class battleshipsPosted: December 16th, 2017, 2:12 pm
In fact I think it would be better if you perfect HMS Neptune before moving on to anything else. Once you’ve got the hang of the details like shading and anti-torpedo nets, move onto the next ship.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: