Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 6  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Yqueleden
Post subject: Torpedo boats and another small ships of Spain in the 19th centuryPosted: February 12th, 2018, 8:31 am
The appearance of the torpedo in the second half of the nineteenth century posed a threat to battleships, and many powers, including Spain, built great number of small torpedo boats believing that they would be a cheap way to secure coastal defense.

The Rigel (built in Bremen in 1883) was the first torpedo boat with automotive torpedoes of Armada Española (Spanish Navy)

In the Spain - USA war of 1898 was used for coastal defence in the Mediterranean.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: Torpedo boats and another small ships of Spain in the 19th centuryPosted: February 12th, 2018, 8:54 am
The Proserpina was the last ship of the Furor destroyer class of the Armada Española (Spanish navy). The Furor class was similar to the units of the A class, or 27 knotters. Th Proserpina was of the second series (subclass Pluton) with littel diferences in the size, armament, and machinery.

The Proserpina was commisioned in 1898 and incorpored to the "Escuadra de Reserva" ot the Admiral Camara and sail to Philippines, but twas recalled for coastal defence and no fight in the war. Was retired and scrapped in 1931.

[ img ][/url]

Sorry for my poor english. I can to read but I writing with difficulty.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Torpedo boats and another small ships of Spain in the 19th centuryPosted: February 12th, 2018, 11:32 am
Very nice work.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Torpedo boats and another small ships of Spain in the 19th centuryPosted: February 12th, 2018, 1:48 pm
Excellent drawing.

No problem with the English. You can assist your self with using Google translate. Your Gramma isn't perfect, but if we understand you and you understand us then there is no problem

We have members with many language, if you have problem with translating a word, they can help you

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: Torpedo boats and another small ships of Spain in the 19th centuryPosted: February 12th, 2018, 2:16 pm
Thanks for your offer. I usually ask for help from my daughter, who is almost bilingual, but not always are accessible. Of course, I use Google Translator and Deepl as help.

Thanks also for the review.

Last edited by Yqueleden on February 26th, 2018, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Torpedo boats and another small ships of Spain in the 19th centuryPosted: February 12th, 2018, 7:37 pm
Well done.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Torpedo boats and another small ships of Spain in the 19th centuryPosted: February 12th, 2018, 8:21 pm
Very well done torpedo boats, Luis! Neat details, and well drawn!

PS: I can understand you without problems!

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Torpedo boats and another small ships of Spain in the 19th centuryPosted: February 12th, 2018, 8:25 pm
Hi Yqueleden!

Great destroyer with fine detailing. Underwater hull shading forward looks somewhat plain, could use some curvature. Otherwise, I find no fault. Always good to have more people in the bucket who concentrate on the pre-WWI era.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: Torpedo boats and another small ships of Spain in the 19th centuryPosted: February 26th, 2018, 10:07 pm
The four destroyer of the second series of Furor class (Plutón subclass) were ordered from english shipyards. Only the Plutón fought in the Spanish-American War and sink the coillier Merrimack, but run aground and was destroyed in the Battle of Santiago. The another three units (Proserpina, Osado and Audaz) joined the reserve fleet of admiral Cámara and did not go into fight. They remained in service until the mid-1920s, supporting the army in Morocco.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: Torpedo boats and another small ships of Spain in the 19th centuryPosted: February 26th, 2018, 10:18 pm
Spain. Monitor Puigcerdá.

The Puigcerdá was the only monitor of the Armada Española (Spanish Navy). Was built in Toulon (Frence) but in his inaugural voyage it had repeated failures and was necessary to reconstruct it in the Ferrol (Spain). In the Third Carlist War was assigned at the Bilbao defences. After the war the ship was laid up at Ferrol with the floating battery Duque de Tetuán, and was decommissioned in 1890. In 1898 was rearmed for coastal defence. In 1905 was sold for civilian use and transformed in the small steamer Anita and used in the Niger river until 1940.

[ img ][/img]

Last edited by Yqueleden on March 4th, 2018, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 6  [ 55 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: