Torpedo boat Azor.
The Azor class torpedo boat (Azor and Halcón, two types of hawks) were commissioned to the Yarrow shipyards in Great Britain. Their design derived from the successful Adler built for the Austrian-Hungarian navy. These were relatively large and well-armed vessels with some oceanic capacity. However, they were not prepared for the stormy Atlantic.
When they were built, they were provided with masts and sails for their journey to Spain, which were removed on an indeterminate date. It seems that the armament was increased, which became three Nordenfelt guns of 42 mm (one on the port and two on the starboard side) and a rotary torpedo tube.
In 1898 the Azor was assigned to the division of Villaamil, but although was reinforced for the transfer, he suffered damage during a storm. After arriving in Cape Verde he had to return to the Canary Islands.
In 1905 it was renamed Torpedero número 2. In 1911 Azor sank near Cádiz after colliding with the torpedo boat Orión.