Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Mahan Class destroyerPosted: June 20th, 2018, 4:52 pm
pepembr_mb wrote: *
Rhade wrote: *
Lad you have artefacts on both pictures, you should clear them out before posting.
I already clean them. I could not find any artefacts on Maris e Barros, only a rail section on Mahan. My next step will be Mahan in 1942 and 1944 and the Cassin and Downes destroyers completely rebuilt in a new project.
I still see some, 5 leftovers on Mahan. Two on right side under credits, two under 40m scale line. One slightly right from D turret on rear up.

Mariz, same two under 40m scale line. One above bow under credits and one behind first smokestack.

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Mahan Class destroyerPosted: June 22nd, 2018, 2:29 pm
acelanceloet wrote: *
I don't think I am a fan of the railings being lighter then the superstructure colour. many parts of the drawing seems to miss black outlines, and the superstructure looks to be multiple colours for some reason.
About the black outlines, the scale is too small and some supports will be heavily represented with them. I work with photographs and this is the reason for the multiple colours.
On the light coloured surfaces of the superstructure, the shading looks extremely dark, while the highlights on for example the funnels look a bit too bright.
For me, I will use a side lighting that would be more faithfull to photographs instead of front lighting as usual here.
Are you certain the anchor is shaped like that? and the uptake ducting seems to make some hard bends which I think unlikely. All the parts you put on are a different colour then the rest of the ship, and the lettering on the bow looks a bit damaged.
The anchor is the same Colloseum used in the hull that served as patern. I already corrected the uptake ducting bends for a more curved one and correct the lettering.
All in all, good to see this ship represented, but I would take a bit more time finishing and detailing this one before drawing more versions or even other ships if I were you
I'm correcting them following the positive criticism you send here.

Cheers

Pepe

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Mahan Class destroyerPosted: June 22nd, 2018, 2:31 pm
Lad you have artefacts on both pictures, you should clear them out before posting.
I already clean them. I could not find any artefacts on Maris e Barros, only a rail section on Mahan. My next step will be Mahan in 1942 and 1944 and the Cassin and Downes destroyers completely rebuilt in a new project.
[/quote]
I still see some, 5 leftovers on Mahan. Two on right side under credits, two under 40m scale line. One slightly right from D turret on rear up.

Mariz, same two under 40m scale line. One above bow under credits and one behind first smokestack.
I found five pixels and one line at Mahan and four pixels at Maris e Barros. If you find any other, call me.

Cheers

Pepe

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Corrections donePosted: June 22nd, 2018, 4:00 pm
Please, can you both give a second look at the drawns?

Cheers!

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Mahan Class destroyer 1941-1944Posted: June 24th, 2018, 3:17 am
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Last edited by pepembr_mb on June 24th, 2018, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Mahan Class destroyerPosted: June 24th, 2018, 4:00 am
Nice work. One thing I'd change would be the size of the numbers on the bow. Once the U.S. entered the war they were greatly reduced in size so as to detract from identification by the enemy. (See some of Colo's DD and CL drawings.)

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Mahan Class destroyerPosted: June 24th, 2018, 6:30 am
emperor_andreas wrote: *
Nice work. One thing I'd change would be the size of the numbers on the bow. Once the U.S. entered the war they were greatly reduced in size so as to detract from identification by the enemy. (See some of Colo's DD and CL drawings.)
Numbers reduced as you suggest. Thank you for the feedback.

Cheers

Pepe

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Mahan Class destroyerPosted: June 28th, 2018, 8:38 pm
That looks better! Nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: