Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 9  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 69 »
Karle94
Post subject: Re: American Dreadnoughts - ReduxPosted: November 2nd, 2018, 9:34 pm
I'll be doing the old ones before/if I do the WWII BBs.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: American Dreadnoughts - ReduxPosted: November 2nd, 2018, 10:06 pm
Colombamike wrote: *
@Karle94,
I hope very sincerely you will do many 1941-1945 wartime US BB's drawings.
I am ready to do one (1) major round of comments/correction
Tell me when you have finished/completed definitively your thread ;)
@Karle94
*In Elmer Fudd's voice* Shh! Be vewwy, vewwy qwiet...keep working and don't announce the twead's compwetion! :lol:

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: American Dreadnoughts - ReduxPosted: November 2nd, 2018, 10:18 pm
emperor_andreas wrote: *
*In Elmer Fudd's voice* Shh! Be vewwy, vewwy qwiet...keep working and don't announce the twead's compwetion! :lol:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: American Dreadnoughts - ReduxPosted: November 2nd, 2018, 11:57 pm
No idea what you were trying to say there, but OK, have fun.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: American Dreadnoughts - ReduxPosted: November 3rd, 2018, 9:13 am
I agree, you guys should team up.
Sometimes when doing big projects having a tag team is good and gets things done faster and gives you another set of eyes for quality control.

I remember back in the day drawing RN carriers, I'd draw the side views, Bombhead the top views and then Kim would add his ship's badge and a camo scheme or two.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
RipSteakface
Post subject: Re: American Dreadnoughts - ReduxPosted: May 10th, 2019, 3:17 pm
Beautiful!

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: American Dreadnoughts - ReduxPosted: May 23rd, 2019, 8:51 pm
This one has been a long time in making; the USS Nevada as she appeared in 1916 has been added to page one below the USS Arizona.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: American Dreadnoughts - ReduxPosted: May 23rd, 2019, 9:55 pm
Hi Karle94, I had a quick look and I could see a lot of mistakes, these aren't all of them and if I am wrong forgive me I am tired and should really be a sleep.

Starting from left to right. Your are missing a boat davit, various items I'm going to call bollards, them where the secondary guns are located you have made the portholes to low, they should be above the height of the barrels. Now you may think that you don't have the room to do that but I think you've drawn the armoured belt wrong, which as a side effect has taken up some space. The height of the hatches for the secondaries should be increased to allow the correct placement of the windows.

on the mast you seem to have missed some masts and cables. Nest to A turret you're missing another 'bollard' and lower down some portholes just above the armoured belt. then Next to the forward most secondary the porthole placement isn't correct as they don't align with the surrounding features, the most forward two out of the cluster of 5 may be correct however. Then below the anchors you are missing either ladders or depth markings, I am sure if I checked on another photo I could work out what they are but I don't have the time sorry. At the flagpole you are missing a support leg.

I hope I have helped, I do like your drawings but I do find that you miss out a lot of detailing and its the details that make a good drawing into an excellent one. Study those photographs you will start seeing details that you missed the first time around.

[ img ]

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: American Dreadnoughts - ReduxPosted: May 24th, 2019, 12:15 am
I've added some minor corrections as well as the Nevada as she appeared in 1918 with a WWI cammo.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: American Dreadnoughts - ReduxPosted: May 24th, 2019, 4:22 am
Hi Karle94 the way you draw the armour belt doesn't look how it is in the photo at all, it's more of a single line rather than the two lines depicting the thickness of the belt. If it is two lines then they are much closer together. 😀

[ img ]

(1) Looking at the top of the mast there are railings along the top I've drawn a rough idea in red
(2) The secondary gun hatches should have hinges, they are visible in the photo.
(3) The photo shows the armoured belt and the thickness of the belt, I've drawn a rough example of the belt.
(4) The bow flag pole is much higher and is supported by two struts per side not two.

All the best.

Tempest.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 9  [ 81 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 69 »

Jump to: