Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Yugoslavian Seaplane Tender ZmajPosted: November 24th, 2018, 9:18 am
DG_Alpha wrote: *
I've just re-read some of the information I had on the ship and I think it might be suitable to do two or even three German versions, as the ship was rebuilt and refittet multiple times. I will come back with more information on the ship later today or tomorrow.Also, you are missing the "h" in "Drache".
I fully+++ agree

@ Navarchos ;)
You need to draw Drache:
- 1941-early 1942 as a transport
- 1943 version
- 1944 (final) version
[ img ]

Others sources
http://www.navypedia.org/ships/germany/ ... drache.htm
https://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmarine ... index.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoslav_minelayer_Zmaj

various light AA config are sometimes conflicting :ugeek: :? :(

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Yugoslavian Seaplane Tender ZmajPosted: November 25th, 2018, 3:34 pm
Regarding the Armament: All pictures I have don't show any shielded mein guns, so my gueass would be the unshielded variant of the 105mm SK L/45 C/32. No concrete idead about the later 88mm varian. Maybe it was the land-based 88mm Flak.

When comissioned by the german Navy, the armament was 2x 83,5mm (original), 2x2 40mm (original), 1x15mm MG (czech), 1 x 7,9mm MG (czech)
While in Athens, 4 more German 15mm MG were taken onboard. Unfortunately, I dont have any information about their location.

After the first refit the armament was 2x105mm (main guns), 5x37mm (two twins at the center), 6x20mm
By 1944 the armament hat changed to 2x88mm (main guns, reduced due to wight issues), 5x37mm (two twins at the center), 13x20mm (two quad mounts on the lower bridge wings)

The Fl-282 Helicopters were only assigned from 11/1942 to 02/1943. Two helicopters were assigned, one as a test vehicle, one as reserve (which remained on land most of the time). Here is a video showing the helicopter operations on Drache: Video

I'm a bit sceptical about the camoflage, I couldn't find any fotographs shwoing the ship with anything but a grey paintjob.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Yugoslavian Seaplane Tender ZmajPosted: November 25th, 2018, 4:33 pm
DG_Alpha wrote: *
The Fl-282 Helicopters were only assigned from 11/1942 to 02/1943. Two helicopters were assigned, one as a test vehicle, one as reserve (which remained on land most of the time). Here is a video showing the helicopter operations on Drache: Video
Hmmm
So maybe Navarchos need to drawn 4 "wartime" versions
- 1941-1942 as a transport (few altered, aircrafts deleted, german flag added, maybe few MGs added ?)
- 11/1942 to 03/1943 as a helico training ships
- 1943 as a minelayer
- 1944 as a minelayer

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Navarchos
Post subject: Re: Yugoslavian Seaplane Tender ZmajPosted: November 26th, 2018, 4:45 pm
Ι think there is a big confusion regarding camouflage and armament during certain periods.

Regarding Camo there is not even one photo ...only this drawing which I do not trust (ok I can draw it if you insist)

Regarding armament...I can follow your info above.
Yes there was installed DC rails and DC throwers!....I'm not sure for Dopler device...or any hydrophones for sub detection.

The platform was empty bellow and not enclosed.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Yugoslavian Seaplane Tender ZmajPosted: November 26th, 2018, 5:06 pm
Navarchos,

In your drawing refs
Presence of quads 20mm show Drache in 1944 ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: