The next challenge is here. This time everything changes and we are drawing Real life ships. All categories are accepted. Specific requirements as follows:
- Ship, boat or other predominately waterborne vehicle
- Has existed in the known universe in material form
- Shipbucket scale and style
- Any time frame
Purpose of this challenge is to change the course of our artists main interest back to the original purpose of Shipbucket, of why it was begun in first Place and why some of us have invested considerable monetary sums to make up a great archive for our drawings.
Length of challenge & judging categories:
This challenge will run until 23:59:59 UTC May 31.
Drawings will be scored via Google Forms poll, with three categories that will be totaled to determine the winner. The poll will close 23:59:59 UTC on June 10. Categories are as follows, with 10 points available in each:
- Adherence to SB style - does your drawing follow the SB style rules as defined in the Style Guide? Is it readily recognizable as a Shipbucket drawing?
- Drawing quality - how well executed is your drawing? Is it super detailed, or does it have large blank spaces that draw the eye? Does it use the most current and accurate SB components? Does it use the best and most realistic color scheme? Is it shaded correctly and is the shading consistent?
- Accuracy - Does it correspond to reality? How well have you turned steel (or wood) into pixels? How well researched is your reference work?
The poll will not allow commentary. Reviewers are encouraged to leave a post in this thread once polling begins with their commentary for each drawing.
- One entry per person.
- Multiple versions of your entry are allowed, provided they show the same ship's evolution over time.
- Multiple views of your drawing are encouraged but not required.
- Text blocks with stats, history, etc are allowed but not required.
- Springsharp stat blocks are not allowed
- Discussion of Springsharp is not allowed in this thread.
- Posts that are off topic in this thread will be deleted.
Good luck everyone and happy drawing!
EDIT: Changed the deadline and poll closing dates.