Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 8  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Japan - Kongo Class Battlecruiser/Fast BattleshipPosted: March 6th, 2021, 5:27 pm
Excellent Drawing BB! In the photo it looks to me like there are three colours; the standard colour, 'black' and white. Or is it just the lighting?

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Kongo Class Battlecruiser/Fast BattleshipPosted: March 6th, 2021, 5:36 pm
Tempest wrote: *
Excellent Drawing BB! In the photo it looks to me like there are three colours; the standard colour, 'black' and white. Or is it just the lighting?
I'm more inclined towards "it's just the lighting". All the lighter surfaces seems to be the ones better angled towards the light source. Plus, the watermark of the Yamato museum over turret 1 further lightens the actual color in that spot of the image, exacerbating the effect.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Japan - Kongo Class Battlecruiser/Fast BattleshipPosted: April 2nd, 2021, 5:31 am
I'm happy to see that you took on the massive task of detailing the complex evolution of the Kongo Class, with exquisite color palate and rendering to boot!! Very well done BB1987!! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Steampower1
Post subject: Re: Japan - Kongo Class Battlecruiser/Fast BattleshipPosted: April 15th, 2021, 11:41 pm
Great Work. Tremendous detail!
May be the wrong place for a what-if, but in Freidman's book US Battleships, he mentions that with the RN going to the 15" gun the US Navy expect the IJN to do the same ! Maybe the last Kongo redesigned with six 15" guns and the Ise Class with ten 15". More room for engines and fuel for the BC and the BB would be a stronger ship - maybe a little shorter and slower.
Just a thought.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 8  [ 74 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8

Jump to: