This is IDAHO (BB-42) in April of 1945 during the bombardment of Okinawa. She is camouflaged in the overall Navy Blue of Measure 21.
IDAHO left Puget Sound after a major refit in January of 1945 to head to the Pacific in support of the landings at Iwo Jima and Okinawa. The refit period added ten 5"/38-caliber guns in Mark 30 single mounts along the ship's superstructure; this was the intended "ultimate" authorized refit for all the NEW MEXICO class battleships, but the war ended before similar refits could be applied to IDAHO's sister ships NEW MEXICO (BB-40) and MISSISSIPPI (BB-41). The 5" guns were directed by Mark 33 directors with Mark 28 ranging radar. Main battery fire control was still provided by the original Mark 31 directors fore and aft; the aft Mark 31 Mod.3 unit was fitted with Mark 3 "FC" ranging radar. A Mark 8 "FH" antenna has been fitted above the forward superstructure for 14" gunfire control.
This refit relocated the ship's SK air search antenna to the foremast. SG surface search sets sit atop the mainmast and the foretop. The foretop is surmounted by a small pole extension with IFF antennas and a weather station. The mainmast platforms mount an early TDY jammer installation (aft) and a platform for a magnesyn compass (forward). X-2A beacons for the "NANCY" infrared signalling system sit abeam the SK radar platform. The prominent piping running forward from the aft gun turret is an external line for aviation gasoline.
A Vought OS2U-3 Kingfisher of Observation Squadron THREE (VO-3) is spotted on the aft catapult. In service, the ship carried two Kingfisher floatplanes for scouting and gunnery observation. IDAHO would complete the war in this configuration, but the large surplus of warships immediately after V-J Day meant the ship was decommissioned shortly thereafter, going to the breakers in 1947.