Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
heuhen
Post subject: Norwegian Navy/Coast guardPosted: February 22nd, 2020, 1:17 am
HNoMS Bison (former Boa Bison AHTS)
HNoMS Jarl (former Boa Jarl AHTS)

Have been leased by the Norwegian Coast guard for 5 years, with the possibility to extend the leasing. The main task for the vessel is to be a part of the Norwegian coast guard, but they are leased mainly for the towing capability and are a part of the National standby tug's

there are very little information on them, just like how the Norwegian Navy operate as normal! and that's fine.

Some hard data:
Length: 91 meter
Beam: 22 meter
min/max depth: 6.0/8.2 meter
Displacement: Light: 6250t; Gross 7328t
Cargo deck: 828 m²; max deck load 1600t
Powerplant: Wärtsila powerplant, up to 26.969 BHP
Max Speed: 18 knots
Note:
Bollard Pull Design: 275t

Cranes (I know will stay onboard):
Gantry Crane: 42 tons with a Manipulator Finger crane
2 Deck cranes: 12t with a
A-frame prepared for up to 250 t (from the big side door on port side!!!)

ROV:
Oceaneering Magnum work ROV Tophat TMS 3,000m max working depth
LARS: Sepro Active Heave Compensation winch system (electrical drive)
- Possibility for it being equipped with navy's Hugin

Equipped with Variuse internal tanks to handle various types of liquide's
[ img ]

tried to get it as close as I could with the limited information. Norwegian military forum are predicting they will get the traditional coast guard equipment: 12.7mm MITR, some hand weapons and the classic 40mm Bofors as the "more heavy gun"

Last edited by heuhen on February 28th, 2020, 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Eeo
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Navy/Coast guardPosted: February 22nd, 2020, 11:05 am
Brilliant! Well done.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Navy/Coast guardPosted: February 23rd, 2020, 6:51 pm
Good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Navy/Coast guardPosted: February 28th, 2020, 11:19 pm
Barentshav class

Updated drawing (replacing: http://shipbucket.com/drawings/2550)

General characteristics:
Type: Offshore patrol vessel
displacement: 3251 tons
Length: 92 meters
Beam: 16 meters
draught: 6.1 meters
powerplant:
Bergen Diesel B32 (4000 kW)
gas generator sets:_ 3 x Mitsubishi GS16R-MPTK, 1 x GS12R-MPTK (3237 kW)
Auxiliary engine: Mitsubishi S6A3-MPTA (350 kW)
Speed:
16.5 knots (gas); 18.5 knots (Diesel); Over 20 knots (combined Gas/Diesel)
Crew:
8 officers (combination of civilian and military) and 8 conscripts, designed for a crew of 40
Armament:
Bofors 40 mm

Notes:
Strengthened bow, capable of emergency push
Bollard pull: 110 tons
Deck equipment:
Rolls Royce towing winch, 250 tons breaking capacity
Deck crane, SWL 8 tons at 6.3 meter extension

HNoMS Barentshav W340
[ img ]

HNoMS Bergen W341
[ img ]

HNoMS Sortland W342
[ img ]

Last edited by heuhen on February 28th, 2020, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Navy/Coast guardPosted: February 28th, 2020, 11:28 pm
HNoMS Valkyrien (replacing:http://shipbucket.com/drawings/2516)
This is a drawing update!

Launched: 1981
Bought by RNoN: 1994
Decommissioned: 2016

General characteristics
Type: Logistics vessel
Displacement: 3,500 long tons (3,556 t)
Length: 68 m (223 ft)
Beam: 14.5 m (48 ft)
Draught: 5 m (16 ft)
Ice class: C
Speed: 16.5 knots (30.6 km/h; 19.0 mph)
Complement: 26+
Armament:
1 x Mistral launcher (not always equipped)
1 x 12.7 MM HMG on a container rig, would be placed on top of any container that are on deck)
1 x spare 12.7 MM HMG (12.7 would take position of Mistral on occasion)

Note:

[ img ]

Note: top drawing of HNoMS Bison have been updated, found an drawing error. All drawing above is ready for upload!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Navy/Coast guardPosted: February 29th, 2020, 9:32 am
Excellent work!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Navy/Coast guardPosted: February 12th, 2021, 7:35 pm
I have started working on a Norwegian AU where I combine real world Norwegian navy with AU. So that mean that I will update many of my drawing + adding drawing that are based on very limited information.

First out is 1 of the 4 monitor build for Norway, The first one of them was "Skorpionen" (1866) build at Karljohansvern (main Navy shipyard in Norway, back then), it's sister ships was "Trudvang" (1869) and "Thor" (1872). The 4 monitor "Mjølner" (1868) was build in Sweden at Motala (I can't find any reference on it ...yet), The three Norwegian build monitor was 1500 tons, while the Swedish build one was 2000 tons, All four had wrought iron armor, and were equipped with two 27 cm cannons in a double tower. A crew of 85 men and a top speed of 8 knots.

In 1897 the monitors were rebuilt. They got higher free-board, and the two cannons were replaced by two 120 mm, Two 65 mm, And two fast-firing 37 mm cannons. (can't find out where 37 mm cannons was placed, probably aft deck)

The main difference between the three Norwegian sisters, was placement of funnel, "Skorpionen" had boiler and funnel aft, while "Thor" had it at center, propably a change in design from "Skorpionen" (1866) and "Trudvang" (1869), where they changed on design after experience, so when "Thor" (1872) came around, they had improved the design for giving a better overall balance of the monitor (that is my bet/thought)

[ img ]

[ img ]

Skorpionen after 1897
[ img ]

ref: for Thor (large picture):
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... awing1.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Navy/Coast guardPosted: February 13th, 2021, 11:13 am
Very nice work, always good to see lesser known ships getting the SB treatment.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Navy/Coast guardPosted: February 18th, 2021, 7:38 pm
I managed to find a okay picture of the Swedish build monitor for the Norwegian Navy, KNM Mjølner" build in 1868. Of all the 4 monitor build for the Norwegian Navy, Mjølner was the heavy one, she was 500 tons heavier then the Norwegian build one and the gun turret was much bigger, giving Naturally more workspace in the turret.

All 4 monitor's build for Norway was similar in design, except KNM Skorpionen as she was the only one with funnel/boiler aft.

[ img ]

[ img ]

During the dissolution of the union between Norway-Sweden, almost the entire Norwegian fleet had been on 2 month exercises, exercising in all types of weather, focusing specially on firing in any condition, They knew they would have a chance against Swedish numbers, if they could get a little advantage in precision, they would have a chance to mean something. The plan was to hide the fleet up in the Oslo fjord with 4 coastal defense ship, 4 monitors and almost 30 torpedo boats and gunship. The plan was to provoke the Swedish Navy, using security Swedish Navy had in there numbers and bigger ships and lure them up the fjords, only past the first islands, where the Norwegian Coastal defense ships and monitors would pincer them from behind, Putting the Swedish Navy between long range fire from Norwegian coastal fortress and Norwegian navy's big gun ship. while torpedo boats and gunship was to harass them.

but luckily it never happend

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Navy/Coast guardPosted: February 21st, 2021, 11:04 am
Excellent work - and a great improvement over the previous drawings of the Skorpionen class that were in the Archive. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: