The next two are battleships again, although they too are only British-built, but not British operated:
Fuji and Yashima
The first full-fledged battleships of the IJN, they were ordered in 1893 to enable the Japanese to comfortably outgun China's two German-built ironclads, which in the event proved unnecessary, because they were both captured before Fuji and Yashima were as much as launched. The new Japanese ships were a reduced edition of the British Royal Sovereign (12.500 tons); Yashima was built by the designers (Armstrong), Fuji was subcontracted to Thames Iron Works. They had the main armament of the Majestic-class 4 305mm/35 guns, ten 152mm guns and 20 47mm guns. Armour was up to 457mm Harvey steel amidships, but only a narrow patch at the waterline, with a 102mm upper belt (which was somewhat longer on Fuji); the ends were unprotected. They were faster than their british pendants at 18 knots.
Fuji and Yashima differed in ventilator arrangement and many small detail solutions; Yashima was the only one with a balanced rudder and was more maneuverable as her sister. Fuji was present at Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee fleet review in 1897 fresh from the factory, before she was officially commissioned.
After arriving in Japan, she received the standard black-white peacetime livery of the IJN.
Both ships fought in the Russo-Japanese war in 1904/5, with varying success. While Fuji took part in most engagements and was credited with sinking the Borodino at Tsushima, Yashima struck a mine on May 15th, 1904, and capsized.
Fuji remained in front-line service till 1912, then spent the first World War in reserve, classed as a Coast Defence Ship.
She was hulked in 1923, compliant to the terms of the Washington Fleet Treaty, and used as a stationary training ship till 1945; she was broken up after the war.