Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Project CGNPosted: February 3rd, 2020, 6:14 pm
I really thought I used a big enough font where I wrote "working hack -- not real!" to indicate that it was a sketch of mine, not the proposed refit.

I guess I'll make it 72pt next time...

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Project CGNPosted: February 3rd, 2020, 10:48 pm
Let's keep personal attacks and discussions about shading that don't pertain to the drawings at hand out of this thread - thanks in advance.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Project CGNPosted: February 4th, 2020, 8:11 am
Well, gents, first of all, I definitely made an error: I trusted an source that on closer inspection ended up being a kitbash itself! so big changes will be coming.
@ Colombamike, may I ask of you to keep the image up for some time (you normally delete them after a while) so I can use it when I return to this drawing? It definitely needs work on the layout, something I will do soon, and then I will return to the details you pointed out after that ;)
Every comment from mitch also is based on this wrong refs (Guess I should check my sources' sources :P) so I apologise for not stating I used a faulty reference before, I could have spared you the work (although, all that was stated was said by Colombamike as well, so I don't know if it was worthwile.......

Do note, btw, that the image at the bottom of Colombamike' s post which Mitch used to point some stuff out about for example the helideck, is not actually CGN-9 but CSGN.

I have no idea what you mean with your 2 styles on one ship? on the main deck level, both deck ends are exactly the same curve?

As for the shading, simple matter of better reading Mitch. The conversation above is about the exact shade (how dark/light) the colours for the shading that are used are. This shade is a matter of taste: I like to keep the contrast in the hull shading low because this shows curvature, not hard bends. Others disagree: this is a matter of taste. The front and back of your ship not being shaded in the same style (which is the sort of stuff I commented on in the discord on your drawings) is just wrong, and has no taste involved. Further questions/discussion on this in the discord or it's own thread please, but this is just a matter of mitch not reading the earlier discussion properly I guess so I doubt there will be more of an discussion.

I will return to this soon, probably move the current drawing to the graveyard and replace it with something that is actually working and true.

Last edited by acelanceloet on February 4th, 2020, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Project CGNPosted: February 4th, 2020, 8:33 am
acelanceloet wrote: *
@ Colombamike, may I ask of you to keep the image up for some time (you normally delete them after a while) so I can use it when I return to this drawing? It definitely needs work on the layout, something I will do soon, and then I will return to the details you pointed out after that
Ok, I keep my source-comment for a while (until your next update) ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
ghost792
Post subject: Re: Project CGNPosted: February 16th, 2020, 6:52 am
Looking forward to seeing this thread progress. The CGSN is my favorite never built, and the CSGN-like Long Beach conversion is almost as interesting.

Nice work so far, acelanceloet.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Project CGNPosted: April 3rd, 2022, 8:45 pm
[ img ]
It's taken me some time, but I have rectified my earlier error with an updated drawing of the CGN-9 AEGIS conversion. It has replaced the earlier version in the archive, so if you see a duplicate image with this and the first image in the thread, use a hard refresh of the page (ctrl-F5)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project CGNPosted: April 5th, 2022, 8:18 am
Very nice work Ace.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Magus
Post subject: Re: Project CGNPosted: June 25th, 2022, 5:01 am
Just wondering, do you have any plans to update the as-built Long Beach and her 1980s refit to match AEGIS Beach's quality?

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Project CGNPosted: July 28th, 2022, 12:30 am
Nice work and I like this version of the Long Beach Cruiser alot :)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: