Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Unfinished/Unbuilt ships: Casualties of WW1.Posted: November 14th, 2021, 11:56 pm
I've added updated versions of all the previous drawings and I've added updated versions of the Lyon, Sultan Osman I, Francesco Caracciolo and a new drawing of an Austrio-Hungarian battlecruiser.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Unfinished/Unbuilt ships: Casualties of WW1.Posted: November 15th, 2021, 7:05 am
Awesome work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Steampower1
Post subject: Re: Unfinished/Unbuilt ships: Casualties of WW1.Posted: December 22nd, 2021, 11:27 pm
Great series. Especially liked the Erin (not sure about the color of the first one) but the second was the best rendition of this ship ever.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Unfinished/Unbuilt ships: Casualties of WW1.Posted: December 23rd, 2021, 9:17 am
Ottoman ships were yellowish khaki for the same reason Austrio-Hungarian ships were green. These were coastal defense navies, thus their ships spent little time at sea. By late WW1 era the Ottomans adopted a grey color scheme inspired by the Germans.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Unfinished/Unbuilt ships: Casualties of WW1.Posted: December 26th, 2021, 9:29 am
Great work! isn't Ersatz Zenta Scout Cruiser original ordered by China?

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Unfinished/Unbuilt ships: Casualties of WW1.Posted: December 26th, 2021, 9:46 am
No. The great cruiser along with three light cruisers were ordered by China. Garlic did the great cruiser, and two designs for the ligth cruiser have been drawn by me for my AU.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Unfinished/Unbuilt ships: Casualties of WW1.Posted: December 26th, 2021, 9:32 pm
Karle94 wrote: *
No. The great cruiser along with three light cruisers were ordered by China. Garlic did the great cruiser, and two designs for the ligth cruiser have been drawn by me for my AU.
Oh! can you give me a link for the light cruiser?? is this one the great cruiser?
http://www.shipbucket.com/drawings/8786

- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Unfinished/Unbuilt ships: Casualties of WW1.Posted: December 26th, 2021, 9:58 pm
This is the Chinese "great cruiser" design. http://shipbucket.com/drawings/8804

If this link works, then it should show my great cruiser take, as well as two versions of the light cruiser design: https://imgur.com/a/mxNho1b

The Ersatz Zenta was designed more in line with the previous Novara and Heligoland designs of scout cruisers, hence the large battery of small guns (100mm or 120mm.)

Do note that I reversed the gun layout between the three and two funneled designs. The original design had two twin 6" turrets, and a sec battery of 66mm guns, but the Chinese were not convinced that the deck could support those twin turrets, so it was redesigned with an all 100mm gun battery.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Unfinished/Unbuilt ships: Casualties of WW1.Posted: December 27th, 2021, 9:23 am
Thank you! but flag is not correct, up until 1927 under the regulation of early republic. The "Five-Colored Flag" is for the bow and "Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth Flag" was the Naval Jack. more like this:
http://www.shipbucket.com/drawings/1629

- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Unfinished/Unbuilt ships: Casualties of WW1.Posted: August 19th, 2022, 10:30 am
Here's some updates to some previous ships

Ersatz Monarch:
[ img ]

Reshadiye:
[ img ]

Fatih:
[ img ]

Sultan Osman I:
[ img ]

Sachsen:
[ img ]

Francesco Caracciolo 1914 design:
[ img ]

Francesco Caracciolo 1918 design:
[ img ]

Rio De Janeiro:
[ img ]

Riachuelo:
[ img ]

Last edited by Karle94 on August 20th, 2022, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: