Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
Karle94
Post subject: Gibbs and Cox Battleship ProposalsPosted: November 12th, 2022, 8:02 pm
I got the idea to do something silly and stupid. And instead of getting blind drunk and waking up in a different part of the country next to someone I don't know, I drew the Gibbs and Cox hybrid battleship proposed for the Soviet navy instead. As of now, the colors and equipment are American, as the design we can find pictures of, and the drawings at USNCI show what is placeholder/generic equipment pending further interest and/or further development. I also plan on doing the true battleship proposal at some time.

I did some research into Soviet AA guns of the time (very brief and boring,) it basically came down to the DShK and a 45mm anti-tank gun on a pintle mount. I'll definitively need some help on figuring out which Soviet aircraft are suitable for carrier use.

[ img ]

Version with Soviet planes, AA guns and paint scheme:
[ img ]

Design D, or Project 1058.4 depending on whose papers you read, Has 10x16" guns (two three-gun turrets and one twin two-gun turret.) Floatplanes numbered four.
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by Karle94 on November 19th, 2022, 6:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Gibbs and Cox Battleship ProposalsPosted: November 12th, 2022, 8:29 pm
Quote:
I got the idea to do something silly and stupid. And instead of getting blind drunk and waking up in a different part of the country next to someone I don't know
I'm not going to say anything

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Gibbs and Cox Battleship ProposalsPosted: November 19th, 2022, 6:34 pm
I've added the Design D, or in Soviet nomenclature; Project 1058.4.

[Profile] [Quote]
bugsier_060
Post subject: Re: Gibbs and Cox Battleship ProposalsPosted: November 23rd, 2022, 10:44 am
Very fine work Karle. Superb! I didn't know anything about Design D. I only knew about Design B, described in an early book of Siegfried Breyer (b/w sketch).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs”

Jump to: