Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: tromp class (gw frigate) 1966 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 7:38 pm
title says it all. the source of the design is unknown, found it in an scan of an booklet of around this date (exact year is guessed from the other contents on the page) and it might just be an landlubbers render of this ship. (it certainly looks like that :P )

it might work though, various parts are in exactly or only slightly moved positions from the real ship.

[ img ]

any comments?

Last edited by acelanceloet on June 2nd, 2011, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 7:50 pm
Boy that's ugly, best they didn't proceed with this design.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 7:51 pm
I agree ;)
still, it is an interesting design, and it would look mucht better if they lowered the entire bridge-funnel-radar section one deck....

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 8:02 pm
You're using the wrong gun. I'm not exactly sure which model you're using, but it should probably be the Modele 1964 or 1968. The only difference between the two as far as I can see is that the 1968 doesn't have onboard sights.
The Modele 100 really needs an update btw.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 8:04 pm
is there an difference? could you point me to the right one, as this one is the one placed on the latest gun sheet and .... well.... need to fix it ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 8:07 pm
Show us the scan!

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 8:07 pm
The one on the new parts sheet should do the trick. Be aware that the area between the barrel and the cooling line should be whit/transparent and not grey as it appears on the sheet.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 8:08 pm
Huh...*wiping eyes in disbelief* Better not comment on this. 8-) It's not an ugly duckling...it's not...well, now I know what it is! It's MOBY DICK resurrected!!!! *Running for life away so as not to be devoured!* ;) :D :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 8:12 pm
Anoher thing, I'd move the helicopter down closer to the pad. This is just a personal thing though.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 8:13 pm
[ img ]
this is the only reference work.

@ bezo: it's not that bad, is it?

@ thiel: will fix the helo, and I'm looking for the gun right now.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: