Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: CVVPosted: August 12th, 2012, 1:40 pm
well, finally!
[ img ]
BB and top might come somewhere in the future as well, but I have tons of WIP work laying around and I want to finish some stuff first :P
consider this v1, please comment if you see any flaws or problems in the drawing.
of course, her side would be littered with openings and liferafts, but I decided to leave them off to show her lines and because I don't know where they could be (I can estimate based on other ships, but that is just an as bad representation as to leave them of, IMO)

also, I could not find the top views of the F-18, A-7E, A-6E, and entirely no clean (without obstructions) drawings of the E-2C, KA-6D, EA-6B, S3A....... anybody has (some of) these?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: CVVPosted: August 12th, 2012, 2:20 pm
[ img ]

The early Hornets are really in need of a re-draw IMHO to bring them up to the Rhino standard we have currently.

I've got most of the PB drawings ever done (at least ones that are accurate and / or finished) I've never come across top-downs of the Corsair or Intruder...

[Profile] [Quote]
Cowboy40
Post subject: Re: CVVPosted: August 12th, 2012, 3:18 pm
If i could get you to make a "special variant" CVS version with SQS-53 sonar I would appriciate it. Then I could use her as my new build CVS in my AU timeline I am working on. The sonar would be used in conjunction with an ASW information Center....A more advanced version of what would have been found on the Essex class ASW refits of the 1960's. Her air wing would consist of twelve SH-3 or SH-60F, ten S-3 Vikings, twp E-2C Hawkeye, and twelve F-18 fighters....the air wing depends on the time frame

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CVVPosted: August 12th, 2012, 3:21 pm
Cowboy40 wrote:
If i could get you to make a "special variant" CVS version with SQS-53 sonar I would appriciate it. Then I could use her as my new build CVS in my AU timeline I am working on. The sonar would be used in conjunction with an ASW information Center....A more advanced version of what would have been found on the Essex class ASW refits of the 1960's. Her air wing would consist of twelve SH-3 or SH-60F, ten S-3 Vikings, twp E-2C Hawkeye, and twelve F-18 fighters....the air wing depends on the time frame
hey mate, it's your AU, draw her yourself, I'm busy as it is.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cowboy40
Post subject: Re: CVVPosted: August 12th, 2012, 3:37 pm
look mate, I wasn't trying to be rude....I wish i had the eyesight to do the work you do....I think you do a great job and all....

I was just thinking.....

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: CVVPosted: August 12th, 2012, 5:09 pm
Cowboy40 wrote:
look mate, I wasn't trying to be rude....I wish i had the eyesight to do the work you do....I think you do a great job and all....

I was just thinking.....
it's very easy for details you just zoom in and paint...

And ace... was not rude, he just write in his language. English is not his main language. Internet is not only USA! hahaha :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Cowboy40
Post subject: Re: CVVPosted: August 12th, 2012, 5:19 pm
I understand that, but when you got only 40 percent vision in one eye and no light perception in the other, then you tend to make a "crap" out of these drawings.

I have tried.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: CVVPosted: August 12th, 2012, 7:12 pm
It looks great already. Can't wait to see it finished! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: CVVPosted: August 12th, 2012, 9:21 pm
The only thing I've noticed is that the pendant number on the island would not be 74. In fact, that number was already, as early as 1977/78, allocated for future use in the Nimitz-class CVNs. The CVV would probably have followed the LPHs and their ilk, or, quite likely gotten their own designation starting with '1'. (I e CVV-1 etc).

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CVVPosted: August 12th, 2012, 9:26 pm
bezo, this ship would have been an alternative for the 4th and later nimitz class ships. the pennant should be 71 and later..... my updated version will have 71, 74 would have been CVV #4, I misread some stuff...... CVN-71 was not ordered before 1980. while my pennant is not entirely correct...... I have to prove your assumption incorrect.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: