Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Syzmo
Post subject: 1916 Lexington Battlecruiser circa 1941Posted: September 1st, 2012, 9:45 pm
Here is a real basic copy and paste of ALMAVA's Arizona onto CHUCK SHIP ART's 1916 Lexington.

[ img ]

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: 1916 Lexington Battlecruiser circa 1941Posted: September 2nd, 2012, 2:33 am
Nice!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: 1916 Lexington Battlecruiser circa 1941Posted: September 2nd, 2012, 7:54 am
Very fine!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: 1916 Lexington Battlecruiser circa 1941Posted: September 2nd, 2012, 1:39 pm
...although at that point, she'd be painted not in Measure 5, but Measure 1; i e standard US Navy light grey!

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: 1916 Lexington Battlecruiser circa 1941Posted: September 2nd, 2012, 3:37 pm
Nice addition. I like what you did.

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: 1916 Lexington Battlecruiser circa 1941Posted: September 2nd, 2012, 8:12 pm
Thanks, I love your battlecruiser drawings. What are you working on next.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: 1916 Lexington Battlecruiser circa 1941Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 4:35 am
I have not been working on much. I did those when my real Job as a draftsman for a sturcural engineer was very slow. But now I am busy. So I still love looking at the site. Just after drawing all day on the computer I just can't get into drawing at night right now. Thanks for your complement. You done a great change updating to WWII configuration.

Thanks agian Charles

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: 1916 Lexington Battlecruiser circa 1941Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 5:04 pm
I understand, I'm a historical interpreter for the Historic Ships in Baltimore and the last thing I want to do when I get home is think about ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: 1916 Lexington Battlecruiser circa 1941Posted: September 16th, 2012, 5:40 am
Wouldn't some of those funnels get trunked together?

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: 1916 Lexington Battlecruiser circa 1941Posted: September 16th, 2012, 4:19 pm
Maybe if her boilers got an overhaul. I don't know much about that kind of engineering though. Anyone with a better understanding of reboilering a 1916 ship have an opinion on the matter?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: