Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
vongratz
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: September 21st, 2012, 8:29 pm
This tentative plan come originally from WARSHIP INTERNATIONAL magazine, INFOSER section.It was copied after by NavyField.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: September 21st, 2012, 9:17 pm
I believe that, from the shape of the after part of the hull the ship may had been planned for a three shafts layout, a common practice for German major units during the early part of the 20th century. Also I think that you should change the windows on the fore and aft conning positions to viewing slits. These are armored positions and usually had small openings - viewing slits.
All in all a very interesting design and a very nice drawing.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: September 21st, 2012, 10:41 pm
I love the 1944 version...great work!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 11:49 am
Looking great. I'm not so sure about the Black-Red-Gold all over the ship, but I guess that is just personal preference. :P
I see that you have given the ship a Deutschland-style tower, but then why rebuild it back to a tube tower in 1944?
Also, I think the current model for 105mm heavy AA is the following:
[ img ]

These are my thought on this. Once again, it looks great and thanks again for bringing my attention to it!

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 3:38 pm
Oh man where are all these newer parts coming from. I saved the kriegsmarine part sheet from the forum when I started the project. I'll update the pictures when I can. I changed the superstructure similar to Admiral Scheer's reconstruction, where they replaced the tower with a tube.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 3:48 pm
Well, I certainly don't blame you. The Kriegsmarine parts are a mess and these guns above weren't posted in the Kriegsmarine parts thread. I tried to make a cohesive parts sheet, but so many different guns and mountings, it's easy to get overwhelmed.

Didn't know about the Scheer. Thanks for the info! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: October 5th, 2012, 7:59 pm
I think this incorporates all the suggested changes. What else should I do with this ship?

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: October 5th, 2012, 8:58 pm
Yeah Awsome!

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: October 6th, 2012, 2:23 pm
Amazing looking design I have to say,the1944 version in particular is my favourite and probably one of the most beautiful warships I've seen on these forums. It's amazing what a simple mast with a clipper bow and capped funnel can do for a ships appearance.

I can only hope my sieranian equivelant can look as sleek, they would share the same role though build date of a decade later.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: October 6th, 2012, 6:21 pm
Very interesting. Good work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 6  [ 57 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: