Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 28th, 2012, 6:18 pm
This is an awesome project and you're doing excellent job, BB.
The only nitpick is I think you've mistaken the aft anchor for a paravane.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 28th, 2012, 7:24 pm
WOW! Great job! 8-)

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 28th, 2012, 7:25 pm
This is just awesome! great job!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 28th, 2012, 8:33 pm
BB1987 wrote:
nearly finished.
I just have to decide if i want to put a whaleboat sponsoned out of the hull below and just forward of the island (where you can see some mess of black and dark grey lines below the 25mm battery).
Few comments BB's
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 28th, 2012, 8:34 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Damn good shipmate :) It looks the 'dogs bollocks', meaning it looks realistic.
Can't agree more Bill.She looks superb.Very well done BB and nice to see works in progress too.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 28th, 2012, 9:12 pm
The seaplane will be gone once i've finished, it serves to me as a reminder because i still need to find the yokosuka D4 (the search engine shows no results), that's why the dive bomber is still missing.
The flight deck overhanging the stern is the same in all the Ise version i had drawn.
The funnel is as big as it is in Taiho island (my reference for detailing the island and the basis i traced)
This pic ot Taiho shows void areas in the superstrutcure and 25mm mounts even aside of the island
This pic of Junyo shows raised 25mm mounts, and another 25mm mount aside of the island
This other pic of Taiho island shows closer details to the one i have drawn.
The original reference is excessive bare, crude and undetailed, so mixing the 1944 designs seems to me the better choice; she has the overall lines of Taiho, shortened and addressed with particulars from Junyo island; also matching precisely proportions when working with 2 (or even 3) different kinds of Island design it's a bit difficult, and when reference ar bare and undetailed it becomes more a work of guessing wich way is best.

I will put the 25mm directors in place of the binoculars, the same goes for filling the area behind the boats, adding some more steam pipes on the funnel and putting the 25mm at the bow.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on September 28th, 2012, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 28th, 2012, 9:14 pm
BB do the portside as well 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 28th, 2012, 9:21 pm
BB1987 wrote:
The seaplane will be gone once i've finished, it serves to me as a reminder because i still need to find the yokosuka D4 (the search engine shows no results), that's why the dive bomber is still missing.
Maybe not already draw into the shipbucket catalog ?
Some source...
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 28th, 2012, 9:31 pm
Bombhead wrote:
BB do the portside as well 8-)
you just remembered me why i usualy (even before shipbucket) never draw flattops :lol:

I'm not a great expert of planebucket, could it be the D4Y is this one (from Taiho drawing)?
[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 28th, 2012, 9:45 pm
It's the reason I like to draw the carriers cos you get 2 drawings out of one with minimal effort.All the hard work is done. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: