Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 18  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1518 »
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: German WW1 and WW2 carrier projectsPosted: December 20th, 2013, 6:13 pm
Thiel wrote:
How on earth were they going to get all six ac in the hangar without having the elevators lowered?
Hum...that's a nice question though...

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: German WW1 and WW2 carrier projectsPosted: December 20th, 2013, 7:28 pm
It's not hard, just put the ones off to the side first then put the three aircraft on the hangar and lower them.
Presumably, having something covering the holes from the hangars isn't important.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: German WW1 and WW2 carrier projectsPosted: December 22nd, 2013, 12:27 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
what kind of engines were on board? diesel, I suppose?
No details on the engines are available, except max power = 9000HP, top speed 19kn, but would make anything else except diesel make much of sense in this design?
acelanceloet wrote:
also, do you have anything on her waterline beam? and her depth (distance from keel to main deck, in this case I think the flight deck)?
Max. beam at the waterline would be ~13,5-14m, keel to waterline is 4m, keel to flight deck is ~10,5-11m. Hope that helps.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: German WW1 and WW2 carrier projectsPosted: December 22nd, 2013, 12:52 pm
steam would work too, but the exhausts on that position (and that amount) seems to say 4 diesel engines (and 4 diesel generators)

[Profile] [Quote]
ostheim
Post subject: Re: German WW1 and WW2 carrier projectsPosted: January 1st, 2014, 8:51 pm
DG_Alpha, could you do that same interior image for the Graf Zeppelin on page 4?

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: German WW1 and WW2 carrier projectsPosted: January 2nd, 2014, 12:30 pm
ostheim wrote:
DG_Alpha, could you do that same interior image for the Graf Zeppelin on page 4?
Not in any foreseeable time, I'm sorry. This was just a little 'holiday project', and I'll resume working on my other projects in a few days. For me at least, I consider the Graf Zeppelin finished.

[Profile] [Quote]
ostheim
Post subject: Re: German WW1 and WW2 carrier projectsPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 4:18 am
ok cool

[Profile] [Quote]
BrentD15
Post subject: Re: German WW1 and WW2 carrier projectsPosted: January 9th, 2014, 5:03 pm
That KFT is the cutest little carrier I've ever seen. <3

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: German WW1 and WW2 carrier projectsPosted: June 7th, 2014, 9:15 pm
Seaplane tender 'O'
The origins of design date to the year 1940, when the Luftwaffe began developing a seaplane tender class capable of operating in tropical climate. This had become necessary when the coastal area under German influence had grown significantly in the early war. The new K VII class was with 96m at the waterline significantly larger than the preceeding K VI class and would have been the largest seaplane tender class in the German navy. In overall appearance the class followed the previous designs with no significant difference. The power would come from two MAN 12-cyl. Diesel engine driving two shafts for a top speed of 22kn. Armamaent would only be a single 37mm twin at the front, although that would have increased during the war. Otherwise, there is little information available.

Only a single ship was ordered at some point between 1940 and 1942, the order given to the Schichau shipyards in Königsberg and begun under construction number 1554. An internal overview dating June 12th, 1942, list the ship as under construction with the numerical designation K71 (class VII, ship 1) and the provisorical name 'O'. However, a list dating only a few months later on November 1st, only has Richthofen (= ship 'K') as the latest ship under construction. Apparently ship 'O', together with L, M and N of the previous class had been cancelled.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: German WW1 and WW2 carrier projectsPosted: June 8th, 2014, 4:36 am
Nice!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 18  [ 175 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1518 »

Jump to: