Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Illustrated guide to Soviet Aircraft Carrier developmentPosted: September 15th, 2013, 8:40 am
This is pure guesswork, but it looks like some sort of tie-down system for the aircraft.
While we're on the 1143.7, the foam guns on the forward weapons sponsoons points in opposite directions on the side and top view.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Illustrated guide to Soviet Aircraft Carrier developmentPosted: September 15th, 2013, 9:17 am
Magnificent work. I like you've kept these drawings free from aircraft, it avoids complications of deciding exactly what never-were aircraft would go aboard a never-were ship and allows us to see all the deck details clearly. At last the Soviet carriers are nearly complete, the promise of Moskva prototypes and ASW carriers to come is eagerly awaited.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
skylancer7441
Post subject: Re: Illustrated guide to Soviet Aircraft Carrier developmentPosted: November 17th, 2013, 3:00 am
erik_t wrote:
Can you comment on the 1160 Orel bow SSM launcher hatches? They seem IMMENSE.
It's probably an early version of SS-N-19 Shipwreck aka Granit launchers.

Something like this
http://i.imgur.com/3TApGCs.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Illustrated guide to Soviet Aircraft Carrier developmentPosted: November 17th, 2013, 8:03 am
I really do like these carriers you've drawn

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Illustrated guide to Soviet Aircraft Carrier developmentPosted: November 17th, 2013, 9:01 am
erik_t wrote:
Can you comment on the 1160 Orel bow SSM launcher hatches? They seem IMMENSE.
I've drawn them as they were drawn in the reference material. Many occasions some details in these never-where's have been rather pleniminary in what comes to the actuall service entered item, specially if the references themselves predates those said things, like example with the Granit launchers. I've always felt that some sort of "authentich" Newer-where and conceptual approach in these drawings is best preserved when I follow the reference as 1 to 1 as possible. Only those items that clearly presents something that is allready in service, Ive tried to reshape to match the current SB stock.

[Profile] [Quote]
skylancer7441
Post subject: Re: Illustrated guide to Soviet Aircraft Carrier developmentPosted: November 17th, 2013, 12:13 pm
There is something strange with 1142.42 drawings.
I mean, aircraft carrier at this reference picture seems to have 2 inboard elevators.
[ img ]

upd.
Gollevainen wrote:
I've drawn them as they were drawn in the reference material. I've always felt that some sort of "authentich" Newer-where and conceptual approach in these drawings is best preserved when I follow the reference as 1 to 1 as possible.
AFAIK, there are 2 different drawings of 1160 - 80.000 tonnes, 4 propeller shafts, 3 side elevators version we've seen here and *smaller than 80.000 tonnes*, probably 3 propeller shafts, 2 inboard elevators - this one http://i.imgur.com/6lelJ4e.jpg

There are also 2 different drawings of 1153, including this one
[ img ]

And what about scalemodels from Nevskoe design bureau's museum?

You've probably seen this photos of (two) 1160 models
[ img ]
[ img ]

There are much more photos of (two) 1153 models and (two) 11437 models
http://imgur.com/a/Bqx60#

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: