Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 7  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: January 4th, 2013, 2:07 pm
LOVE the E2 design! Great work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: January 4th, 2013, 2:54 pm
Battleship F, armed with ten 18-inch guns in 5 twin mounts:
[ img ]

Here i'm done, i've adjusted all the templates and the drawings can be found in the first post; Battleship H will come into the n°13 class, expect an extra here tough, not a full drawing but a little one showing some details.
(there might be Takao and Atago yet t come, but that's another story..)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: January 4th, 2013, 2:59 pm
Incredible job! When the next round of promotions comes, I think BB1987 should receive Elite Membership status!

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: January 4th, 2013, 5:07 pm
This is _beyond_ fantastic! I've heard of some of these designs over the years but only had some specs and nothing else. It's great to finally see what these might look like.

Keep up the great work, eagerly looking forward to more!

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: January 4th, 2013, 8:47 pm
Here is the little extra i talked about before, a little snip to show differences between the Amagi class battlecruisers and the Kii class battleship.

[ img ]

the first two ships of the Amagi class Battlecruisers, Amagi herself and Akagi, where laid down on december 6th and 16th 1920; by the time the other two, Atago and Takao, where started on november 22nd and december 19th 1921 smoke problems around the bridge where emerging from the trials of the Nagato class Battleships, so the project for the two late ships was revised with the introduction of trunked funnels in order to move the uptakes away from the bridge.
Those modifications where supposed to be implemented on the Kii class Battleships also, wich where ordered to the Kure, Yokosuka, Kobe and Nagasaki navy yards on october 16th 1921; the Kii class Battleships where basically an improved version of the Amagi class Battlecruiser with an 11.5-inch belt (compared to the 10-inch of the Amagis) and slighty lower top speed.

The drawing shows how the aforementioned modifications would have made the two late ships of the Amagi class beign more close in appearance to the Kii class Battleship ones than their two early sisters.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: January 4th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Great Job!

Bellissimi disegni! - Congratulazioni

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: January 4th, 2013, 10:46 pm
All of this work is starting to bring back memories of naval ops warship gunner for some reason :roll: .
Great work on all of these, It truly is inspiring to see all these designs portrayed trough the work of a true artist 8-) .

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: January 5th, 2013, 1:25 am
Seriously, I wish these ships could be designed to go in Fighting Steel...think of the fun to be had!

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: January 5th, 2013, 2:45 am
They will probably make a scene in World of Battleships... depending if it sucks or not.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: January 5th, 2013, 3:01 am
http://www.worldofwarships.com

What I've seen so far looks AMAZING!

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 7  [ 61 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: