Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
jezza
Post subject: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 17th, 2013, 8:33 am
[ img ]

I've taken a guess at the crane, but there's really only one CG render to go on for this one.

What do you think?

Edit: Image updated

Last edited by jezza on January 20th, 2013, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 17th, 2013, 8:49 am
are you sure it has to be SLQ-32 (v) 3? I would think it would be an (v) 2, but I might be wrong
your Mk 49 RAM launchers are the wrong way around, and I would like it if you would use the latest one https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63276563/Mk%20 ... uncher.png
other then that, it looks quite nice to me.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gator_Country
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 17th, 2013, 2:19 pm
Heck no, I hate the new RAM launcher. And the ship looks good, jezza. I came up with an LSD modification of San Antonio myself, but it's cool to see another concept that's real. I do wish they would enlarge the well deck, however. Looks good.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 17th, 2013, 2:27 pm
Can't say anything about these system, since it's not my forte, but overall, it makes a good impression. One thing, though: The crane seems to use a different color palette from the rest of the ship, which makes it stand out a bit.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 17th, 2013, 6:39 pm
Gator_Country wrote:
Heck no, I hate the new RAM launcher. And the ship looks good, jezza. I came up with an LSD modification of San Antonio myself, but it's cool to see another concept that's real. I do wish they would enlarge the well deck, however. Looks good.
What do not like about the new RAM launcher?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 17th, 2013, 8:00 pm
I agree with Gator. I don't think the new one is much better than the old one.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 18th, 2013, 4:16 am
want to create a notional medical frigate and BMD ship?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gator_Country
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 18th, 2013, 1:13 pm
Eh, I just don't like dimensions, not to mention the color palette. That, and the new CIWS make it hard to recolor them, 'cause they have forty-nine different shades of haze gray. I'll stick with the old one, same as I have with CIWS.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 18th, 2013, 5:37 pm
you know the new RAM drawing has exactly the same dimensions the original, right? it was only reshaded and redetailed.
also, the RAM is an system that I have never seen in any paintjob that differs from the one I have drawn, so I see no need to recolour.

but what really is my point here: you say you hate it, ok. but I see no reason why jezza could not place it on HIS drawing, but only reasons why you don't want to use it. that is something else, right?
it is up to jezza if he wants to use the old or the new one, isn't it?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 18th, 2013, 7:19 pm
Plus the idea is to make the object look like its real counterpart, not make it look prettier.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: