Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 18th, 2013, 7:22 pm
which the new one does, in my opinion, so the point is?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 18th, 2013, 7:57 pm
Just pointing out how silly Gator_country's argument is.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gator_Country
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 18th, 2013, 9:01 pm
Alright gentlemen, to each his own. I was just stating my opinion, which is worth exactly what you paid for it (nothing whatsoever). I'll look at the new one up close and see if I change my mind. For now, let it be known that I simply stated my opinion, and that Jezza and anyone else can put whatever they want on any of their drawings. No offense intended.

[Profile] [Quote]
jezza
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 19th, 2013, 12:57 am
acelanceloet wrote:
are you sure it has to be SLQ-32 (v) 3? I would think it would be an (v) 2, but I might be wrong.
I thought they put (V)3's in amphibious ships, and also the US Navy has been upgrading to (V)3's generally over the last 15 years too. Seemed like a logical choice for a large, slow target.
acelanceloet wrote:
your Mk 49 RAM launchers are the wrong way around
Bugger. I'll change that.
DG_Alpha wrote:
One thing, though: The crane seems to use a different color palette from the rest of the ship, which makes it stand out a bit.
The crane was originally a different palette, but I tried to fix it - might have to have another go at it.

Also, I did not mean for this thread to become a debate over the RAM launcher - maybe take it to the parts discussion board?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gator_Country
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 19th, 2013, 12:53 pm
Ok. AFAIK, the new Burkes went back to v(2).

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 19th, 2013, 6:43 pm
a side view
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 20th, 2013, 2:40 am
Im realy wondering, what is the purpose of this class? San Antonio is a LPD this looks more like a LSD like the Bay Class.
So she would not fit the LPD-17 San Antonio Flight II description but more like a new class based upon, Bay classes were also based upon Rotterdam/Galicia class LPD's.

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
jezza
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 20th, 2013, 3:45 am
Gator_Country wrote:
Ok. AFAIK, the new Burkes went back to v(2).
Really? Guess it makes sense for this one to be a (V)2 then.
Colombamike wrote:
a side view
Cheers! I might make a few corrections based on this image.
MC Spoilt B'stard wrote:
Im realy wondering, what is the purpose of this class? San Antonio is a LPD this looks more like a LSD like the Bay Class.
So she would not fit the LPD-17 San Antonio Flight II description but more like a new class based upon, Bay classes were also based upon Rotterdam/Galicia class LPD's.
You're correct, the Flight II is designed to replace the Bay Class, by using the proven hull and machinery of the San Antonio LPDs. They havn't named the class yet, so they're calling it the San Antonio Flight II.

[Profile] [Quote]
jezza
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 20th, 2013, 2:10 pm
Image has been updated.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: LPD-17 San Antonio Flight IIPosted: January 20th, 2013, 5:13 pm
jezza wrote:
What do you think?
For the crane, i have no idea but
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: