Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 24  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 724 »
Novice
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Proposals of The First World WarPosted: April 29th, 2014, 7:19 pm
maomatic wrote:
@Novice:
The AA guns are next to the barbette of turret c, though hard to make them out at a first glance... :-)
Maybe a slight tweak to those AA guns will resolve that.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Proposals of The First World WarPosted: September 5th, 2014, 6:41 pm
Hi everyone, I've not really been able to find time to draw for a while, I've been checking out all the drawings that everyone's been posting and I'm staggered at the awesome quality.

I've made a start at making a complete redrawing of the L 20 e Battleship using a better quality drawing, its a WIP at the moment but I think it will be a big improvement on the previous version... I hope.

[ img ]

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

Last edited by Tempest on September 23rd, 2014, 8:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Proposals of The First World WarPosted: September 6th, 2014, 12:10 am
Nice!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Proposals of The First World WarPosted: September 6th, 2014, 9:27 am
this going to be create. But watch out for double black lines!

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Proposals of The First World WarPosted: September 7th, 2014, 8:33 pm
Hi Tempus Fugit,

Well, I was impressed by the first iteration, can't wait to see what this go-round will end up looking like!

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Proposals of The First World WarPosted: September 10th, 2014, 8:13 pm
Hello Tempus Fugit!

Coming together nicely. One thing: German ships of that era had very little flare forward - I have never seen a top down of the L20e-alpha, but I think shading in this are should be less pronounced.

Didn't you want to do the Bayern-class first? I'm eagerly waiting for them ever since I gave up Bayern at 80% complete to honour your earlier claim! ;)

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Proposals of The First World WarPosted: September 11th, 2014, 6:59 pm
I'm trying to home my skills before posting the Bayerns. I had no idea that you had actually started let alone were 80% completed. In that case I think you should do the Bayerns.

Do you think the L20e should have a flat bow? There's quite an overhang by the look of the plan view.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Proposals of The First World WarPosted: September 11th, 2014, 8:08 pm
Hello again!

You got it right, I was just too lazy to get my copy of Forstmeier's book from the basement. It appears the imperial navy introduced flared bows with the Ersatz Yorck already, so L20e-alpha should get them too. I vow next time I'll check my sources before posting gibberish... :oops:

As for the Bayern's: I'll stop after Bayern, and I'm sorry I did not check your worklist earlier. Baden, Sachsen and Württemberg are all yours. I finish Bayern when I am through with the current french destroyer collection.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Proposals of The First World WarPosted: September 12th, 2014, 8:28 am
I thought the first L20e drawing looked good, but this looks to be shaping up well. A decent plan can make all the difference, especially with 'paper' ships that never saw the metal cutting stage.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Proposals of The First World WarPosted: September 12th, 2014, 6:27 pm
Thank you for the positive feedback everyone :-)

Garlicdesign do you think I should reduce the flare a bit or eliminate it? The L24 has a noticeably flared bow but with the L20e it's hard to tell.

If you a want to draw the Bayern class you're more than welcome btw.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 24  [ 231 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 724 »

Jump to: