Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 22 of 24  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page « 120 21 22 23 24 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WarPosted: May 30th, 2017, 8:30 pm
Cool stuff.

This forum seems to have a huge problem with "computer crashes" or hard drive failures. Why aren't you guys using Dropbox to keep your stuff safe? Creating an account is free and you get 2GB off the bat (more than ANYONE drawing MSPaint ships needs). Dropbox is no longer a viable upload service (with the public folder gone) but its cloud storage/backup capability is what really makes it useful.

There's basically no reason to suffer loss of data in 2017 with free cloud storage platforms available like Dropbox, Google drive, MS OneDrive, etc.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WarPosted: May 30th, 2017, 8:37 pm
I had all my stuff backed up except my most recent work unfortunately. With my PC being just over 2 years old I would never have thought my hard drive would fail.

Lesson learnt :)

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WarPosted: May 30th, 2017, 10:30 pm
Tempest wrote: *
I had all my stuff backed up except my most recent work unfortunately. With my PC being just over 2 years old I would never have thought my hard drive would fail.

Lesson learnt :)
Converting to SSD hard drive and using cloud storage, is now the thing to do. Failing that, there are always flash drives ranging in size from 16 GB to 256 GB. More than enough for MSPaint drawings

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WarPosted: June 9th, 2017, 10:56 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
Cool stuff.

This forum seems to have a huge problem with "computer crashes" or hard drive failures. Why aren't you guys using Dropbox to keep your stuff safe? Creating an account is free and you get 2GB off the bat (more than ANYONE drawing MSPaint ships needs). Dropbox is no longer a viable upload service (with the public folder gone) but its cloud storage/backup capability is what really makes it useful.

There's basically no reason to suffer loss of data in 2017 with free cloud storage platforms available like Dropbox, Google drive, MS OneDrive, etc.
I forgot to say I had all my drawings in the public folder, after my hard drive crash and replacement, the public folder had gone completely and not changed to a private folder as I thought it would. Should the Public folder have disappeared completely?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WarPosted: June 9th, 2017, 11:15 pm
No... Dropbox will never actually delete the contents of any of your folders... pretty sure doing so is a breach of their ToS.

Log into your account on dropbox.com. The public folder is probably there. You may need to reinstall Dropbox on your PC... when you do, it will recreate the Dropbox folder hierarchy in whatever directory you choose, and then automatically pull down the remote copies of your files.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WarPosted: February 3rd, 2021, 12:59 am
Well hello guys, its been a while since I posted a new drawing, and a very long time since I posted a German capital ship design study, I started this last week and what I intended to be a quick drawing ended up being much more than I planned; I have tried to make the ship as realistic as possible by adding lots more detail than I have previously in this topic using the experience that I have gained from drawing ships such as Moltke and Bayern and from drawing Hindenburg and Baden in the MD Scale that I created.

I will post the drawing on the first page and will add a write up soon, for now here he is, GK 4021, I hope you enjoy.

Last edited by Tempest on February 3rd, 2021, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WarPosted: February 3rd, 2021, 7:52 am
GK 4021
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WarPosted: February 5th, 2021, 4:45 pm
Great to see you back in action Tempest.

Looks like a lot of ship for not much armament!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WarPosted: February 5th, 2021, 8:38 pm
Not the most sensible design. Also not designed for good looks...

Excellent drawing, though!

I see that you added the dark grey paint that was around the lower part of the superstructure. Though its realistic, I don't know if I like it in SB-Style. Looks like double black lines, tbh. Maybe a lighter grey would work?

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WarPosted: February 5th, 2021, 9:43 pm
Hood wrote: *
Great to see you back in action Tempest.

Looks like a lot of ship for not much armament!
Thanks Hood, appreciated :D, these design proposals are a lot of hull for 4 guns, I much prefer the GK 4541 and GK 4542 designs.

maomatic wrote: *
Not the most sensible design. Also not designed for good looks...

Excellent drawing, though!

I see that you added the dark grey paint that was around the lower part of the superstructure. Though its realistic, I don't know if I like it in SB-Style. Looks like double black lines, tbh. Maybe a lighter grey would work?
Thanks maomatic, I think the reason behind the much simplified and lighter design was the attempt the achieve higher speeds.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 22 of 24  [ 231 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 120 21 22 23 24 »

Jump to: