Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: HMS Albatross carrier conversion.Posted: February 10th, 2014, 8:28 pm
:? Need more information than that Thiel. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: HMS Albatross carrier conversion.Posted: February 11th, 2014, 2:09 pm
[ img ]

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: HMS Albatross carrier conversion.Posted: February 11th, 2014, 8:38 pm
Ah thanks Thiel and well spotted mate ;) I think this will fix the problem and Miho's point too.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: HMS Albatross carrier conversion.Posted: February 15th, 2014, 10:17 am
Looks better with those corrections. I'm still left wondering why this was never done, surely the dockyard time would have been worth it to get an extra usable flightdeck.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: HMS Albatross carrier conversion.Posted: February 15th, 2014, 11:36 pm
I think the main reason was cos she was too useful as a sea plane carrier off the west African coast. I suppose by the time she was converted the American CVEs was arriving and there was probably lack of dockyard space in UK . I just saw the plan and couldn't resist. Credit has got to go to Bill's and Kim's original drawing and Hoods great aircraft and parts. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
GTX
Post subject: Re: HMS Albatross carrier conversion.Posted: March 30th, 2014, 6:07 am
Nice work on the colourised, ship bucket style images. The original one used as an inspiration was one that I modified from a design shown in a copy of the Australian Navy League magazine a few years ago (I can't recall the original author at the moment).

I used this as the basis for a fictional story of Australia's carrier history: Southern Sea Eagles - The Alternative RAN FAA

Regards,

Greg

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: HMS Albatross carrier conversion.Posted: March 31st, 2014, 7:39 pm
Thanks for that mate, nice one. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: HMS Albatross carrier conversion.Posted: April 4th, 2014, 6:19 pm
This is a real joy, makes coming back on worth while :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: HMS Albatross carrier conversion.Posted: April 4th, 2014, 7:00 pm
A real joy hearing from you again Bill

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: HMS Albatross carrier conversion.Posted: April 4th, 2014, 7:42 pm
Great to see you back mate. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: