Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Thiel
Post subject: Re: HMS Incomparable as a carrier.Posted: March 23rd, 2014, 6:45 pm
One interesting thing to consider is how a 1000 feet carrier would have affected naval aviation in Britain. If it became succesful it could have caused a move to larger aircraft in order to capitalise on all that extra volume.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: HMS Incomparable as a carrier.Posted: March 23rd, 2014, 6:48 pm
Maybe even a retention of carriers since it would've demonstrated the handiness of having something that can actually launch high-performance jet aircraft.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: HMS Incomparable as a carrier.Posted: March 23rd, 2014, 7:39 pm
klagldsf wrote:
This illustrates the basic problem of carrier conversions where the blueprints or even notion of a carrier conversion never existed, let alone for a hull that itself was never actually blueprinted.

I would therefore argue that every single ship represented in this thread (including the Hoods) are personal designs, not never-weres.
Plans from Norman Friedmans British carrier aviation. :?
[ img ]

Well that is of course your own opinion Klags. I would be quite happy for the thread to be moved to Personal designs section if our Admin team agree with your view. :geek: In the mean time here's one for Columba Mike. My good friend ALVAMA has very graciously let me do the top of this one, thank you very much Aleks. :P

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: HMS Incomparable as a carrier.Posted: March 23rd, 2014, 11:06 pm
Wow, I'm looking forward to this one!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: HMS Incomparable as a carrier.Posted: April 8th, 2014, 12:03 pm
Strewth! :o These are ripping designs shipmate; particularly the closed in bows designs. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: HMS Incomparable as a carrier.Posted: April 8th, 2014, 12:41 pm
Quote:
I would therefore argue that every single ship represented in this thread (including the Hoods) are personal designs, not never-weres.
All never-where drawings which doesen't base on OFFICIAL blueprints are more or less artist impression. Most of the time when we make shipbucket drawings of never-where designs based on some linedrawing we are in fact just reproducing another artist impression of a original artist impression. Thats just the nature of never-where's. IMO the line is in the actual design. Is it your's or based on something real project. That should be the one that determines in which forum the drawing is based here in the Shipbucket. This particular case is very clear, it belongs to the never-where section without a doupt.

Golly

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: