Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
TimothyC
Post subject: Free World Frigate (art pass repost)Posted: August 28th, 2014, 6:13 pm
Original thread on the old board

[ img ]
[ img ]

Art pass version:

[ img ]

The major change was making sure that the correct radars (STIR 1.8 and ZW-06) were depicted.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Free World Frigate (art pass repost)Posted: August 28th, 2014, 6:30 pm
Interesting concept (with quite unusual, IMHO, location of 40mm's). And nice initiative with making an update.

[Profile] [Quote]
Conrad
Post subject: Re: Free World Frigate (art pass repost)Posted: August 28th, 2014, 10:00 pm
It looks washed out and bad in my opinion, almost as if it was run through a Photoshop (or Instagram) filter. What is an "art pass?"

One problem with the "newest part" philosophy is that the intricately detailed updated parts can look badly out of place on a drawing not done to the current exacting standards of Shipbucket. Most noticeable on the Ikarus launcher here.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Free World Frigate (art pass repost)Posted: August 28th, 2014, 11:16 pm
Ikara launcher is the most and possibly among the best updated parts. The problem is that the art pass drawing is just the original drawing with a new underwater color and all updated parts. the 40 €mm looks old... but the biggest thing giving the ship that feel, is that line between hull and superstructure shouldn be black (black marks 90 degrees break) it should rader be dark grey or noting at all.

but's it is an old drawing, where some small things was updated and re-posted.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Free World Frigate (art pass repost)Posted: August 29th, 2014, 1:32 am
eswube wrote:
Interesting concept (with quite unusual, IMHO, location of 40mm's). And nice initiative with making an update.
Thanks.
Conrad wrote:
It looks washed out and bad in my opinion, almost as if it was run through a Photoshop (or Instagram) filter.
I can see where you think it looks washed out, but I think that is mostly because the red isn't so darn bright.
Conrad wrote:
What is an "art pass?"
As Heuhen says, an art pass is when you make no structural changes to a drawing, but you do make minor parts and color updates.
Conrad wrote:
One problem with the "newest part" philosophy is that the intricately detailed updated parts can look badly out of place on a drawing not done to the current exacting standards of Shipbucket. Most noticeable on the Ikara launcher here.
Eh, I did this for me, and after sharing with the IRC room, I decided to share it with everyone.

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: Free World Frigate (art pass repost)Posted: November 20th, 2014, 8:30 pm
Nicely done, you could of added your sig with mine.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to β€œNever-Built Designs”

Jump to: