Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
heuhen
Post subject: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 3:47 pm
Norway is in the process of finding a replacement for the aging Nordkapp class coast guard vessel. at the moment there are talk about there going to be two different vessels of various size replacing Nordkapp class. one of them is the P6615 some are the largest one. The other two vessel will be of the P3049, they will be 125 meter long have a dead weight of 2500 tons and carry 1 NH90 and have an diesel electric powerplant for 20 knots.

It will have an enlarged helicopter hangar compared to older coast guard vessel, it will have it own flexible cargo deck, and space for everything from small RHIB to larger 13 meter's RHIB. Standard it will have two small RHIB on port side, and 1 larger larger one on starboard side (The larger one will most likely be the same RHIB as on the frigates, the 100+ knots Hydrolift RHIB's, while the two other one is the Standard NorSafe RHIB's)

----------
Project 6615

Length (LOA): 136,40 m
Length (LPP): 126,40 m
Beam: 19,00 m
Drought (DWL): 6,20 m
Depth to 1. deck: 11,00 m

Light ship weight: 7300 t
Dead weight: 2500 t
Displacement: 9800 t
Steel weight: 4500 t

powerplant: size unknown. combination of various diesel generators, delivering power to electric motors.

Armament:

1 x 57 mm Bofors cannon (most likely taken from Nordkapp class when they get retired)
12.7 mm machine guns (Most likely Kongsberg Sea Protector)

unknown quot from web (take it with a little Salt!)
Possible armament is light SAM, Griffin or similar. Possibility for an upgraded version of Penguin.

[ img ]

Since this is very early in the project, there is as always a big chance these are not the vessel the Royal Norwegian Coast Guard end up with

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 4:03 pm
Interesting ship and a great drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 4:04 pm
are you certain about 2 stern thruster but just one bow thruster? that seems very unlikely.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 4:17 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
are you certain about 2 stern thruster but just one bow thruster? that seems very unlikely.
yes I am. The Azimuth act as the second thruster in the bow. I think the main reason for two large stern thruster is so she is able to turn up to the vessel she have to tow in any weather, or to say it an another way, close quarter maneuver in bad weather. There are often news on the TV about one of the OPV towing a large ship, in full storm.

(All Norwegian coast guard vessel have large tow capacity, even the Norwegian frigates have somewhat tow capacity, there wasn't so long ago that one of the frigate took one of the large researcher vessel on tow)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 4:26 pm
hmmm yes, with the azimuth on the bow operating as bow thruster it does make sense, yeah :P

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 4:47 pm
The main reason Norway use an Azimuth thruster instead of an bow thruster is because, if they get problem with the main powerplant, they still can move the ship on the Azimuth thruster (The Norwegian Frigate can do 5 knots on them)

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 6:29 pm
Nice drawing, but you really should mirror the writing on the lower image :D

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 6:48 pm
MihoshiK wrote:
Nice drawing, but you really should mirror the writing on the lower image :D
lalalallalaaaa

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 6:50 pm
Now that's my idea of a CG vessel!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: March 23rd, 2015, 8:49 am
Wow, that's big for a coastguard vessel.
As you say its early days and the Treasury haven't got their teeth into it, but it looks a capable design at the moment.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: