Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
Thiel
Post subject: Guardian class Fast PatrolboatPosted: July 27th, 2010, 3:53 am
A little something I dug up half a year ago or so.
Attachment:
Guardian.png
Quote:
Danish Yachtss has specialized in the design and construction of fast, reliable and high
performance patrol vessels with multiple naval and maritime applications.
With a length of 38 meters and a carbonfi ber-epoxy sandwich construction, this patrol vessel
is a multi-purpose vessel. The patrol vessel effi ciently carries and transports small teams or
troop units and can successfully be put into operation by both the navy, coastguard and police
force.
With a maximum speed of 45-50 knots the vessel offers fast and effi cient response in a variety
confl icts and situations and operates as an easily maneuverable back-up for larger vessels.
The patrol vessels are intended for both sea and river environments
and can as such be operated in both salt and fresh water. They are
fully operational in both smaller seas as well as in open oceans.
The individual patrol vessel may be adjusted in accordance with
customers requirements.
The individual Patrol vessel can be equipped with the necessary
communication and navigation systems and can be prepared for
armament.
Personally, I'm not too fond of the design. Despite what Danish Yacht claims, it seems very limited in what it can do, since it doesn't have any utility space, the closest it comes is the RHIB launching area. As far as I can see it's limited to patrolling/surveillance and special forces insertion. It can't do emergency towing, pollution prevention/clean-up, surveying, etc. since it doesn't have room for the necessary equipment.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Guardian class Fast PatrolboatPosted: July 27th, 2010, 9:12 am
A interesting small hull design (but with a big :| bridge)

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Guardian class Fast PatrolboatPosted: July 27th, 2010, 12:24 pm
I look at that and I see a target for a dipping sonar from a helicopter. Nice drawing though.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Guardian class Fast PatrolboatPosted: July 28th, 2010, 3:45 am
It could just be for CG or Harbor Patrol, so stealth wouldnt be needed.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
the_big_m_in_ok
Post subject: Re: Guardian class Fast PatrolboatPosted: November 16th, 2010, 3:56 am
Thiel wrote:
Attachment:
Guardian.png
Quote:
Personally, I'm not too fond of the design. Despite what Danish Yacht claims, it seems very limited in what it can do, since it doesn't have any utility space, the closest it comes is the RHIB launching area. As far as I can see it's limited to patrolling/surveillance and special forces insertion. It can't do emergency towing, pollution prevention/clean-up, surveying, etc. since it doesn't have room for the necessary equipment.
I agree that the patrol boat is okay for Danish coastal waters. The Kattegat or Skagerrak might be a different story. They're small seas surrounded by three peninsulas. Possibly too rough in winter storms.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Guardian class Fast PatrolboatPosted: December 22nd, 2010, 8:09 pm
the_big_m_in_ok wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Attachment:
Guardian.png
Quote:
I agree that the patrol boat is okay for Danish coastal waters. The Kattegat or Skagerrak might be a different story. They're small seas surrounded by three peninsulas. Possibly too rough in winter storms.
Indeed, bad weather and especially the choppy seas found in the Danish waters would quite probably cause excessive rolling and at the very least heavy hammering. Unsurprisingly, the RDN didn't bite, istead they build the StandardFlex Mark II, a proper patrolboat.
By the way, does anyone have an accurate blueprint/linedrawing of the Mark II? The only one I've been able to find is of an earlier version.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs”

Jump to: