Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
ALVAMA
Post subject: Nuke arctic tanker ships of the SovietsPosted: March 29th, 2011, 8:05 pm
The first. design all based at the painting, but draw to own alternatives since there is no better view of it. The design was a 4 hulled ship, semi-sub aswell. icebreak up to about *4, Used same reactors and parts of the lastest submarines. used on arctic waters and at the poolen. To be build at 1974-1976. Any comments are welcome!

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Nuke arctic tanker ships of the SovietsPosted: March 29th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Madness ... :shock: ... but maybe, it's not that stupid.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Nuke arctic tanker ships of the SovietsPosted: March 29th, 2011, 8:14 pm
It looks cool but in my opinion this is a personal design rather than a "never-built" as the picture you based it upon is just a fantasy illustration.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Nuke arctic tanker ships of the SovietsPosted: March 29th, 2011, 8:15 pm
Well yes kinda true, but also it was a science impression artist impression wasn't it?

[Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Nuke arctic tanker ships of the SovietsPosted: March 29th, 2011, 8:38 pm
There's a huge difference between "impression" and "design" :lol: I bet the artist who created this impression had no idea on how, let's say rudders and propellers would look like.
You on the other hand took the illustration and based your own design upon it so it is in fact your own design.
Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Nuke arctic tanker ships of the SovietsPosted: March 30th, 2011, 9:00 am
Well, at least it floats :D And after the land-battleship farago I keep my counsel 8-)

That said - I like these projects, wherever they appear :)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Nuke arctic tanker ships of the SovietsPosted: April 4th, 2011, 8:02 am
This must be the oddiest ship even designed!

[Profile] [Quote]
RyanCrierie
Post subject: Re: Nuke arctic tanker ships of the SovietsPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 7:16 am
WhyMe wrote:
It looks cool but in my opinion this is a personal design rather than a "never-built" as the picture you based it upon is just a fantasy illustration.
No actually, such things were seriously studied for arctic duty by both the USSR and USA. The advantages of a submerged hull with only the bridge doing the icebreaking mean that instead of having to push the ice past the entire mass of the tanker you only need to break a smaller mass.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Nuke arctic tanker ships of the SovietsPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 8:15 am
Yet, as ALVAMA said, the drawing is based on a magazine cover, not a real plan.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Nuke arctic tanker ships of the SovietsPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 8:41 am
and why does that have to mean that it should be in own designs? it was an real concept, and the fact that it isn't that accurate, doesn't makes it an own design IMO.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: