Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 28 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3047 »
ailgin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 26th, 2014, 3:24 am
I would like to see a post war version with boats amidships and a helipad at the stern. (And all the assorted 40s/50s radars)

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 26th, 2014, 7:40 am
I have in amidships, missile launchers and in the stern, helicopter pads
Now for the Battlecruisers

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 26th, 2014, 11:57 am
Katakov class Battlecruiser
To accompany the Morskoye class battleships, were the Katakov class battlecruisers, named after General Aleksandra Katakov, commander of the Rossiyan 1st Infantry Division during the Great War. These ships were large and weighed 47000 long tons. They had a crew of 1,650. It was heavily armed with twelve 12 inch guns as its main armaments and twenty four 5 inch guns, four 90 mm anti-air cannons,forty four 40mm anti-air cannons, sixty six 25mm anti-air cannons. It was protected with belt armour which at its thickest is 12 inch thick and deck armour that that 3 1/2 inches thick. There were fifteen of these ships constructed during the period of 1941-1942.
This is RFS Katakov as she first appeared in 1942.
[ img ]
And this is what the Katakov class battlecruisers looked like in 1944 after being modernized.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 26th, 2014, 1:36 pm
OberstAmiruddin wrote:
To accompany the Morskoye class battleships, were the Katakov class battlecruisers, named after General Aleksandra Katakov, commander of the Rossiyan 1st Infantry Division during the Great War. These ships were large and weighed 47000 long tons. They had a crew of 1,650. It was heavily armed with twelve 12 inch guns as its main armaments and twenty four 5 inch guns, four 90 mm anti-air cannons,forty four 40mm anti-air cannons, sixty six 25mm anti-air cannons. It was protected with belt armour which at its thickest is 12 inch thick and deck armour that that 3 1/2 inches thick. There were fifteen of these ships constructed during the period of 1941-1942.
Why ? Sorry but these make no sense to build ?

the last BCs built in OTL,
- RN - R&R (well laid down before Jutland...) 15' guns 27,200 t
- USN - Alaska's (no these are defiantly not BC, really they are CBs ;) just to pretend they are not a bad idea to build) 12' and 29,771 tons SD
- IJN - Kongo's last built (pre Jutland) 14' guns
- MN(France) - Dunkerque-class cheap PB killers with 13' guns 26,500 t SD
- KM(Germany) - Scharnhorst's - limited politically to 11' guns and 32,100 t SD (claimed to be less)

So all BC are built pre Jutland or due to cash and treaty limits, why would you spend 47,000t on something with 12' guns ?

Have a look at HMS Guards Van and see what you could get for that sort of tonnage (not that you really should when you have CVs and Morskoye class battleships x 15 :o ;) )

Hope you don't take my (hopefully constructive criticism) badly, and it would be nice to know speed etc, as that will have huge effects on tonnage (can you please set out all your ships details the same, and maybe on the same page as well ? )

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 26th, 2014, 1:43 pm
Well, technically speaking you can ad the Iowa class to that list as well.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 26th, 2014, 2:10 pm
At least they have 16' guns.

So you can add any fast battleships (how fast is fast ? are SD/KVG/Y to slow) ships build post Jutland,

USN - Lexington's
- Iowa
RN - Hood/
- Vanguard
IJN - Amagi class
RM - Littorio class
MM - Richelieu-class
KM - Bismarck class

Not sure that any of them make sense to build if you have 15 monsters that can do 30KN.......
But if I was made to, I would stick to say 6 x 16 inch (2 x 3 all forward using same turrets as BB to save cost or 3x2 ABX if you have a twin design ready to go ?) and go with a bigger Dunkerque type ? (and push them to very high speed and have accept a week belt)

(45 KT, 6 x 16', 16x5', (no x 90mm), lots of 40mm, any you can fit 20/25mm Belt 9' (20deg sloped to help) Deck 6' 34KN ?)

JSB

Last edited by JSB on November 26th, 2014, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 26th, 2014, 2:17 pm
Katakov class Battlecruiser edited
To accompany the Morskoye class battleships, were the Katakov class battlecruisers, named after General Aleksandra Katakov, commander of the Rossiyan 1st Infantry Division during the Great War. These ships were large and weighed 47000 long tons. They had a crew of 1,650. It was heavily armed with twelve 12 inch guns as its main armaments and twenty four 5 inch guns, four 90 mm anti-air cannons,forty four 40mm anti-air cannons, sixty six 25mm anti-air cannons. It was protected with belt armour which at its thickest is 12 inch thick and deck armour that that 3 1/2 inches thick. The speed of these warships are 28 knots thanks to being powered by eight heavy duty boilers powering four steam turbines each. There were fifteen of these ships constructed during the period of 1941-1942.
This is RFS Katakov as she first appeared in 1942.
[ img ]
And this is what the Katakov class battlecruisers looked like in 1944 after being modernized.
[ img ]

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on November 26th, 2014, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 26th, 2014, 2:21 pm
JSB wrote:
At least they have 16' guns.

So you can add any fast battleships (how fast is fast ? are SD/KVG/Y to slow) ships build post Jutland,

USN - Lexington's
- Iowa
RN - Hood/
- Vanguard
IJN - Amagi class
RM - Littorio class
MM - Richelieu-class
KM - Bismarck class

Not sure that any of them make sense to build if you have 15 monsters that can do 30KN.......
But if I was made to, I would stick to say 6 x 16 inch (2 x 3 all forward using same turrets as BB to save cost or 3x2 ABX if you have a twin design ready to go ?) and go with a bigger Dunkerque type ? (and push them to very high speed and have accept a week belt)

(45 KT, 6 x 16', 16x5', (no x 90mm), lost of 40mm, any you can fit 20/25mm Belt Deck 34KN ?)

JSB
I don't really like a Nelson gun layout for the main guns, I prefer the traditional layout myself, it seems more natural for me. I am sorry but I am keeping the Morskoye class as they are

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 26th, 2014, 2:23 pm
You can just edit the above post and just list any changes below it, its much easier to read the thread with only a few versions of your ships (but maybe leave any big redesigns to allow others to follow the thread).

if you want to also go back you could add all your ships to page 1 ? would make it easy to see your whole fleet in one rather than spread out over 28 pages.

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 26th, 2014, 2:38 pm
JSB wrote:
You can just edit the above post and just list any changes below it, its much easier to read the thread with only a few versions of your ships (but maybe leave any big redesigns to allow others to follow the thread).

if you want to also go back you could add all your ships to page 1 ? would make it easy to see your whole fleet in one rather than spread out over 28 pages.

JSB
Roger, here is the list now

Rossiya's World War 2 Navy
  • Battleships
    • Tarina class
      1. Type: Late 1920s Battleship
        Namesake: Field Marshal Hans Tarina
        Construction Period:1928 (3 ships) 1936-1938 (7 ships)
        Main Armament: 12x16 inch guns (1928)
        Secondary Armament: 8x5 inch guns, 6x3 inch HA guns (1928) 8x5 inch guns, 6x3 inch HA guns, 96x25 mm anti-air cannons (1941) 12x5 inch guns, 6x3 inch guns, 96x25mm cannons
        Inspired by: Nagato class battleship and Colorado class battleship
        Number Built: 10 (First Batch: RFS Tarina, RFS Hartmann, RFS Baltland; Second Batch: RFS Vilstermann, RFS Malatov, RFS Romotov, RFS Galland, RFS Daitov, RFS Hermann, RFS Kuikov)
        Current Status: 3 Preserved as Museum ships, 5 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 2 in Rossiyan National Naval Guard Reserves
      Morskoye class
      1. Type: Late 1940s Battleship
        Namesake: Grand Admiral Hans von Morskoye
        Construction Period: 1942-1943 (15 battleships)
        Main Armament: 12x16 inch guns (1942)
        Secondary Armament: 20x5 inch guns, 8x100mm anti-air guns, 52x40mm anti-air cannons, 18x25mm anti-air cannons, 90x20 mm anti-air cannons
        Inspired by: Montana class battleship, Vanguard class battleship
        Numbers Built: 15 (RFS Morskoye, RFS Androv, RFS Muller, RFS Yakutsk, RFS Vanov, RFS Karlsland, RFS Mark, RFS Russland, RFS Kaiserick, RFS Mauserin, RFS Luger, RFS Lityvak, RFS Nicholas, RFS Wilhelm, RFS Vladir)
        Current Status: 10 still in active service, 5 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet
      Kongo class fast battleship
      1. Type: Captured Japanese Fast Battleship
        Number: 1 (Plus three under construction)
      Nagato class battleship
      1. Type: Captured Japanese Battleship
        Number: 1 (Plus one under construction)
      Yamato class battleship
      1. Type: Salvaged and reconstructed Japanese Battleship
        Number 1 (Plus one under construction)
    Battlecruisers
    • Torivok class Battlecruisers
      1. Type: 1930s battlecruiser
        Namesake: Commodore Gerhard Torivok
        Construction Period: 1929-1931
        Main Armament: 8x12 inch guns
        Second Armament: 12x5 inch guns, 8x100mm anti-air cannons 12x25 mm anti-air cannons (1929) 12x5 inch guns, 8x125mm anti-air cannons, 8x100mm anti-air cannons, 27x25 mm anti-air cannons (1939)
        Inspired By: Lexington class battlecruiser, Myoukou class heavy cruiser
        Numbers Built: 20
        Current Status: 5 given to America for Operation Crossroads, 5 in Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 2 preserved, 1 sunk as an artificial reef, 2 used as target practice, 5 scrapped
      1. Type: 1940s battlecruiser
        Namesake: General Aleksandra Katakov
        Construction Period: 1942-1943
        Main Armament: 12x12 inch guns
        Second Armament: 24x5 inch guns, 44x40mm anti-air cannons, 66x25mm anti-air cannons (1942)
        Inspired By: Alaska class heavy cruiser, Kongo class battlecruiser
        Numbers Built: 15
        Current Status: 5 still in active service, 10 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet
    Heavy Cruisers
    • Jodl class
      1. Type: Early 1930s Heavy Cruiser
        Namesake: Commodore Heidi Jodl
        Construction: 1929-1930
        Main Armaments: 12x8 inch guns, 4x580mm torpedo tube launchers
        Secondary Armaments: 4x120mm anti-air guns, 42x20mm anti-air cannons
        Inspired by: Myoukou class cruiser, Exeter class cruiser
        Number Built: 10
        Current Status: Shoved into the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet in 1934, 2 scrapped in 1945, 2 sunk as gunnery target practice, 2 sunk as bombing targets, 2 sold to Brazil and Republic of Germany (Rossiyan sector of Germany turned Rossiyan supported state in 1948), 2 given to the Americans for Operation Crossroads
      Tesla Class
      1. Type: Late 1930s Heavy Cruiser
        Namesake: Lieutenant Justin Tesla
        Construction Period: 1937-1938
        Main Armament: 12x8 inch guns, 6x610mm torpedo tube launchers
        Secondary Armaments: 6x5 inch guns, 2x90 mm anti-air cannons, 16x45 mm anti-air cannons, 54x25 mm anti-air cannons, 8x15 mm anti-air cannons
        Inspired By: Wichita class cruiser, Scharnhorst class cruiser
        Number built:10
        Current status: 1 sunk (RFS Hatakov in the Battle of Santa Cruz), 5 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 4 scrapped
      Gornikovna class
      1. Type: 1940s Heavy Cruiser
        Namesake: General Tasha Gornikovna
        Construction Period: 1940-1942
        Main Armaments: 15x8 inch guns, 8x610 mm torpedo tube launchers
        Secondary Armaments: 15x5 inch guns, 8x100mm anti-air cannons, 16x40mm anti-air cannons, 36x25 mm anti-air cannons
        Inspired By: Takao class cruiser, Admiral Hipper class cruiser
        Number Built: 20
        Current status: 2 as museum class, 10 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 5 in Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 1 given to the Royal Malayan Navy in 1960 as a gift, 1 sunk as a artificial reef, 1 sunk as a target practice.
    Aircraft Carriers
    • Vostok class
      1. Type: 1930s aircraft carrier
        Namesake: City of Vostok
        Construction Period: 1935-1936
        Main Armaments: 80xaircraft, 20x5 inch guns
        Secondary Armaments: 12x90mm anti-air cannons, 56x40mm anti-air cannons, 84x25mm anti-air cannons
        Inspired by: Lexington class aircraft carrier
        Numbers built: 5
        Current Status: 2 preserved as museum ship, 1 given to the Republic of Germany, 1 given to the India as a independence gift, 1 lost in action (RFS Rusefin, Battle of Midway)
      Kunetova class
      1. Type: 1940s class
        Namesake: State capital of Kunetova, Kunetova
        Construction Period: 1940-1942
        Main Armaments: 100xaircraft, 36x5 inch guns
        Secondary armaments: 36x 90mm anti-air cannons, 64x40mm anti-air guns, 122x35mm anti-air cannons, 220x20 anti-air guns
        Inspired by: Essex class aircraft carrier
        Numbers built: 15
        Current Status: 2 preserved as museum ships, 10 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 2 in the Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 1 sunk as an artificial reef
    Light Cruisers
    • Arachne class
      1. Type: 1930s light cruisers
        Namesake: Mythical Creature Arachne
        Construction Period: 1934-1935
        Main Armaments: 16x6 inch guns, 8x580mm torpedo tubes
        Secondary Armaments: 8x100mm anti-air guns, 42x25mm anti-air guns
        Inspired by: Mogami class light cruiser
        Number built: 25
        Current Status: 2 preserved as museum ships, 3 sunk in battle (Centaur and Thor sunk in Battle off Guadalcanal, Vampire sunk in Battle off Bougainville) 5 sunk as gunnery target practice, 3 sunk as bombing targets, 2 sunk as missile targets, 5 sunk as artificial reefs, 2 was handed to the Americans for Operation Crossroads, 3 sunk in Operation Vicious (Rossiya's version of Operation Crossroads)
      Ungeheuer class
      1. Type: 1940s light cruisers
        Namesake: Mythical Creature Ungeheuer
        Construction Period: 1941-1942
        Main Armaments: 20x6 inch guns
        Secondary Armaments: 18x5 inch guns, 48x25 mm anti-air cannons
        Inspired by: Cleveland class cruisers
        Numbers Built: 15
        Current Status: 2 preserved as museum ships, 3 sunk as artificial reefs, 10 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet
    Destroyers
    • Kämpfer class
      1. Type: 1930s destroyer
        Main Armaments: 4x5 inch guns, 10x533 mm torpedo tube launchers
        Secondary Armaments: Depth charges
        Inspired by Sims class destroyer
        Number built: 100
        Current status: 5 preserved as museum ships, 10 sunk in combat (RFS Panzer, RFS Angriff & RFS Tankov sunk in Battle off Guadacanal; RFS Vintovka, RFS Mörtel & RFS Rytsar' sunk in the Battle off Savo Island; RFS Seekrieg sunk off the Bougainville, RFS Blitz, RFS Zaryazhat' sunk in an engagement in the Bismarck Sea; RFS Voyna sunk in the Mediterrainen) 5 sunk as torpedo target practice, 10 sunk for gunnery target practice, 15 sunk as bombing target, 5 sunk in Operation Vicious, 10 given to Republic of Germany, 5 given to Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force, 5 given to the Republic of China's Navy, 10 were sunk as artificial reefs, 20 scrapped
    Zmeya class
    1. Type: 1940s destroyers
      Main Armaments: 10x5 inch guns, 10x610 torpedo tube launchers,
      Secondary Armaments: 24x40mm anti-air guns, 15x25mm anti-air guns, depth charges
      Inspired by: Fletcher class destroyer, Akizuki class destroyer
      Numbers built: 205
      Current Status: 5 preserved as museum ships, 15 sunk in combat (RFS Grenadier & RFS Donner sunk in the Atlantic; RFS Maschinengewehr and RFS Sturmgewehr sunk in the Mediterranean; RFS Okhranniki sunk in the Battle of the Coral Sea; RFS Granata sunk in the Battle off Midway; RFS Strelok sunk in the Battle of Santa Cruz; RFS Jaeger, RFS Boyevoy sunk in the Battle of Savo Island; RFS Feldwebel sunk in the Battle of Cape Esperance. RFS Krieger sunk in Battle of Tassafaronga; RFS Serzhant sunk in the Japanese Operation I-Go; RFS Haubitze, RFS Schütze, RFS Belagerung sunk in the Battle off Samar) 50 in the Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 30 in Rossiyan Coast Guard, 20 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 15 given to Republic of Germany, 10 given to Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force, 10 given to Republic of China Navy, 10 given to Republic of Korea's Navy, 10 given to West German Navy, 10 given to Italian Navy, 10 sold to Brazil, 10 sold to Mexico, 10 sold to Greece, 5 sold to Turkey, 10 sunk as artificial reefs
Submarines
  • Dukh class
    1. Type: 1930s submarine
      Main Armaments: 4x533 torpedo tubes
      Secondary Armament: 1x5 inch gun
      Inspired by: Type B3 class, River class
      Number built: 80
      Current status: 2 preserved as museum ships, 73 scrapped, 5 sunk as artificial reefs
    Doppelganger class
    1. Type:1940s submarine
      Main Armaments: 8x610 torpedo tubes
      Secondary armaments: 2x40mm anti-air gun, 2x35mm anti-air guns, 2x25mm anti-air guns (1942), 2x25mm anti-air guns (1943)
      Inspired by: Type IX-D class submarine, Gato-class submarine
      Number built: 100
      Current status: 5 preserved as museum ships, 40 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 40 in the Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 10 scrapped, 5 sunk as artificial reefs

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on December 5th, 2014, 3:31 am, edited 7 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 28 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3047 »

Jump to: